Elections Commission Appointee applications

punk d

TNPer
-
-
Hello TNPers,

We have a situation on our hands pointed out to me by, Silly String. Judicial elections should be happening right now, but unfortunately Jamie did not appoint an EC. Hey, things happen. The fall back is for the Chief Justice, me, to make an appointment within 48 hours. That time period is past for about 20 hours. But since I am the last appointer of record, I will be making appointments.

Here's the relevant law:
Legal Code Section 4.3:
9. In General and Judicial elections, Election Commissioners will be appointed by the Delegate to oversee the nomination and election processes at least one week before the month in which the election begins. If an appointment of Election Commissioners has not been made by that time, the Chief Justice shall promptly make the appointment within 48 hours.

Now - we could go the review route to challenge any appointments I make as not following the letter of this law. If that is what someone wishes to do, they are free to do so. But, in the interests of common sense I would like to make appointments to the Election Commission.

Please post here if you would like to serve on the EC. An EC member for the purposes of this election:
6. "Election Commissioner" is an individual designated to supervise a given election. No one who may be a candidate in an election may serve as an Election Commissioner during it.

Thus you cannot be a candidate in this election and serve as a member of the Election Commission.

Again, I want to stress that I am making this decision in an effort to get the elections moving. If you feel that instead a ruling should be made on this, you can open one and once that review has been completed we will deal with the Judicial Elections.

Please post your interest to serve below. Hoping to make appointments by early friday or earlier depending on interest levels.

punk d:
6. "Election Commissioner" is an individual designated to supervise a given election. No one who may be a candidate in an election may serve as an Election Commissioner during it.
Thus you cannot be a candidate in this election and serve as a member of the Election Commission.
I'd like to note, I remain convinced that this clause prohibits any RA members from serving as ECs (as, of course, they "may" be candidates in the election, even if they choose not to be).

Carry on. :P

Due to my interests in politics, I Leekem, would like to persue the roles and duties of EC. For me to supervise and make this election to be carry respectfully and correctly, would be a honor.

SillyString:
punk d:
I'd like to note, I remain convinced that this clause prohibits any RA members from serving as ECs (as, of course, they "may" be candidates in the election, even if they choose not to be).

Carry on. :P
Well...
National Assembly of Chasmanthe:
Resolution regarding the July Judicial Election of The North Pacific

WHEREAS, member nations of The North Pacific are eligible to send an election commissioner to oversee a Judicial Election of The North Pacific as long as that nation may not be represented by a candidate during that election;

HEREBY RESOLVES, Chasmanthe cannot send a candidate to the July Judicial election of 2013.
In light of this resolution I declare myself eligible to serve as election commissioner during this election and wait to be advised as to whether this is accepted by the Chief Justice and the powers that be.

I hereby appoint Chasmanthe, Lekeem, & Scarpanto to be elections commissioners for this election.

I charge each member to post their oath of office. Based on a previous ruling, EC's must post an oath of office and are subject to recall as are other offices of the North Pacific.

I'd like Lekeem and Scarpanto, prior to posting their oath, to also comment on how they will not run for any office contained within the judicial elections.

I hereby state, and mean all that I say, that I never have been and never will be a candidate in this election; that if nominated by anyone, I should peremptorily decline; and even if unanimously elected, in this election, I will decline to serve.

I hereby state that I, Leekem, will not be a constant or participant in this election, reasoning being I am the interim EC.

Back