Statement from The Pacific

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scarpanto

TNPer
Many questions have been asked of the NPO since the banning of former Senator Gaspo. The NPO now intends to answer those questions in as much detail as it feels is reasonable to make public.

During the past several months, Gaspo displayed a strong unwillingness to share important information with fellow Senators, showed no intention of aiding other Senators with their work or listening to their input on his own activity, and obsessed over defunct pet projects such as SovCon. Gaspo, through taking advantage of TP's situation at the time and through freezing other Senators out of NPO affairs, managed to hijack much of TP's politics during the months of February, March, April, and May. With the admission of new Senators in May, Gaspo's supremacy was strongly challenged and he responded viciously and petulantly, attempting to shout down his peers and refusing to accept that other members of the NPO Senate should have any say over what he chose to do with the NPO forums or while representing TP abroad. His unwillingness to work with his equals and decision to regard them as dim-witted peons would have ultimately resulted in his removal from the Senate, though a Senator was recently provided with logs that caused us to come together swiftly and have him stripped of his powers in the forum and permanently removed from the government and the region.

It recently came to the Senate's attention that former Senator of Administration Gaspo had made plans with Nevadar of Gatesville approximately six months ago to take over the New Pacific Order and by extension all of The Pacific and that his recent actions supported the suspicion that he still intended to carry through with these plans. He did not deny the logs but claimed that he made the traitorous statements to placate said foreign entity; ironic, considering his position on "appeasement." This appeal was ignored as any such bold statements made to such mercurial people should have been reported to the rest of the Senate for the sake of transparency; we can only assume that his plans were serious and that his recent actions were made in an attempt to see them through.

The logs of this traitorous conversation were made known by Nevadar herself to Senator Karpathos of the New Pacific Order. Evidently she had come to realize, particularly since the emergence of an active Senate with a heavy hand and strong will which was contesting Gaspo's control, that Gaspo was no longer of use to her and to Gatesville's inner circle and chose to side rather with the stronger party. She won no favor with them by doing this.

Ex-Senator Gaspo has been punished with permanent banishment from The NPO and from The Pacific. Any who fraternize with this enemy will likewise be deemed enemies of the NPO.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bEea624OBzM

Taking in to consideration the actions of Gatesville mentioned above and the current situation in Osiris, The Pacific as a whole condemns the repeated attempts of the subversion of a sovereign region by Gatesville. The Pacific stands in solidarity with our GCR brothers in Osiris and will take the necessary actions to combat the threat of userite exploitation in GCRs.

Signed,

The Senate of the Pacific

So, let me get this right...

Gaspo, one of your most senior, loyal, and trustworthy Senators, is a traitor and an agent of Gatesville and you know this for a fact because...Gatesville told you he was...

seems_legit_part_2_640_25.jpg

Glad you know so much more about our Senate than we do, EW. Come on over, we'll make you Emperor.

It would have helped his case if he had denied it.

It seems like you didn't buy his explanation, and, frankly, I don't buy the NPO's.

It looks more like Gaspo fell out of grace in the higher circles of the NPO and the NPO decided to not only disgrace him, but attempt to implicate Gatesville as well. His image will be removed shortly from all official photographs and his name will be forbidden to mention aloud.

Having heard from the man himself, I find the NPO's explanation to be a heavily edited sliver of the truth mixed with a heavy amount of fabrication and deception.

I'm not going to rush to judgement, since I don't feel I have enough information at this point. It would be nice to hear from Gaspo himself, especially since he is a government official here in TNP.

Whatever the rights and wrongs of this, Gaspo has been one of the Pacific's greatest assets in recent years, and I cannot but feel that the pacific will come to regret losing a player of his calibre in the long run.

I'd like to hear from Gaspo as well on this, and will also take GBM's position on this.

Taking in to consideration the actions of Gatesville mentioned above and the current situation in Osiris, The Pacific as a whole condemns the repeated attempts of the subversion of a sovereign region by Gatesville. The Pacific stands in solidarity with our GCR brothers in Osiris and will take the necessary actions to combat the threat of userite exploitation in GCRs.

While this is a welcome change to me, this is quite different from the position taken on the South Pacific, that was argued for by both Karpathos and Gaspo (from what I remember of the time). Is it due to this violation by Gatesville that has led the Pacific to change it's view towards the coups of other regions? And should we expect such support in the future if the North Pacific or another GCR is to experience a similar incident?

Blue Wolf II:
Nah, they just have a vendetta against Gatesville as of late is all.
Isn't that a good thing? If the GCRs are going to win this battle over Osiris, it's going to take more troops.

Ash:
Blue Wolf II:
Nah, they just have a vendetta against Gatesville as of late is all.
Isn't that a good thing? If the GCRs are going to win this battle over Osiris, it's going to take more troops.
Oh sure, but that's not what I'm saying. What I'm addressing is that, in the future, don't expect The Pacific to come rushing to the aid of just any feeder or sinker that is invaded or suffered a coup. The NPO's motivation for their actions are derived from their sudden new-found hatred of their old ally, Gatesville, not out of any real concern for Osiris itself.

I was very disappointed that TP didn't aide TSP, but is now deciding to aide Osiris.

As for Gaspo's fall, it is surprising but Gaspo fancies himself as the puppetmaster. This certainly proves that is not an absolute truth.

I think that (as per usual) I agree with McM and GBM. I would like to see what Gaspo himself has to say.

McMasterdonia:
While this is a welcome change to me, this is quite different from the position taken on the South Pacific, that was argued for by both Karpathos and Gaspo (from what I remember of the time). Is it due to this violation by Gatesville that has led the Pacific to change it's view towards the coups of other regions? And should we expect such support in the future if the North Pacific or another GCR is to experience a similar incident?
This, this and double this. To me it seems that we only see GCR unity from TP when it suits them. To accept this statement in any other manner would be to insult our trusted allies in TSP. Particularly where Karpathos (now Scarpanto) is charged with aiding Milograd in TSP. At least if I recall correctly.

Scarpanto:
McMasterdonia:
And should we expect such support in the future if the North Pacific or another GCR is to experience a similar incident?
Yes.
I guess we'll see.
Blue Wolf:
Oh sure, but that's not what I'm saying. What I'm addressing is that, in the future, don't expect The Pacific to come rushing to the aid of just any feeder or sinker that is invaded or suffered a coup. The NPO's motivation for their actions are derived from their sudden new-found hatred of their old ally, Gatesville, not out of any real concern for Osiris itself.
More of this - I think Blue Wolf is quite right although I guess my enemy's enemy is my friend.

No, though the fact that GV is involved has certainly inspired those of us who know a bit more about them than we'd care to to go above and beyond the call of duty here. You may indeed expect this level of support in the future should any such things occur again; a general redistribution of responsibility and authority in the Senate has allowed the NPO to be so decisive and quick to react to what has occurred in Osiris, something that would not have been feasible a month ago.

I can vouch for Karpathos to an extent here; he had returned after an extended hiatus and was unaware of The Pacific's recent history with TSP. He was unaware of the friendships and connections that ex-Senator Gaspo was so quick to carelessly throw away and uninformed regarding the collaboration between the two regions of TSP/TP and the sort of punishment that Coalition member Antariel received for betraying his duties as MoFA and attempting to overthrow the NPO. He was acting in an attempt to support "one of our own" during a trying time. Still, what he did was rash and wrong and he has since come to realize this. Said NPO member (Milograd) was not authorized or expected by the NPO to do what he did and the Order's response to it at the time was mild and inappropriate. We support our own to the extent that they remain loyal and responsible, and Milograd's actions were neither. As we stated in the Gameplay forum, we will address this when he returns to us from his current hiatus.

I was very disappointed that TP didn't aide TSP, but is now deciding to aide Osiris.

Interesting coming from someone who essentially duplicated Gaspo's statement on TSP in response to the Osiris coup.

As for Gaspo's fall, it is surprising but Gaspo fancies himself as the puppetmaster. This certainly proves that is not an absolute truth.

[me]snorts.

I sniffed into some of the few so-called "connections" he would allow us to be aware of that he seemed to think gave him so much influence around the world. He was utterly deluded in thinking that he had any power over these people (and I say "power over" because that is how he liked to view it).

A mean old man:
...I can vouch for Karpathos to an extent here; he had returned after an extended hiatus and was unaware of The Pacific's recent history with TSP. He was unaware of the friendships and connections that ex-Senator Gaspo was so quick to carelessly throw away...
It was a quick 6-year hiatus.

Wearing my TWP hat....

AMOM - I can tell you truthfully, I had no inkling that TWP's statement on Osiris was at all similar to TP's prior statement on the coup in TSP. I do recall you suggesting it was Gasponian, but other than that i was definitely not trying to take a page from his playbook. We (TWP) had essentially the same position during the TSP crisis as well, I just wasn't writing our statements at the time.

I don't disagree with your assessment of how he viewed his influence.

Food for thought for those watching on tv - if you have enough interaction with a person, their habits, style, and technique will become apparent to you if you're watching close enough. If that person becomes different in those things, be suspicious. That's why I thought the position TP took during the TSP situation was quite odd. It's pleasant to see that there were reasons for it that make sense.

As a sidebar, AMOM - should your delegate reach out to ours, I think the mat will read "welcome" and not "enter if you dare".

Can we stop talking about TP-TSP please? AMOM, Krull, Karp, SB and myself are grown up enough to sort it out ourselves eventually, and it's distracting from the actual issue both here and in the GP forums.

Belschaft:
Can we stop talking about TP-TSP please? AMOM, Krull, Karp, SB and myself are grown up enough to sort it out ourselves eventually, and it's distracting from the actual issue both here and in the GP forums.
:agree:

(Is the world ending?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back