TNP Nation
Zyvetskistaahn
Discord
Zyvet#9958
Zyvetskistaahn for Speaker
for
Justice

One choice of many

Now, I'm not particularly fond of long campaign posts, especially in the case of the court as I don't feel you should have any particular goal other than be competent, after all reform of law is for the regional assembly the court is merely for interpretation of the law (and of course judging trials).

Any questions?

If two women and an infant come before you, both women claiming to be mother to the infant, the other's child having died, how would you rule?

Mall:
Will you uphold the Constitution, Legal Code, and BoR in all cases?
Indeed I shall, or at least my interpretation of them, unless something is so ambiguous it cannot be gleaned for any of them, in which case I shall try to come up with something at least vaguely sensible.

Zyvetskistaahn:
Mall:
Indeed I shall, or at least my interpretation of them, unless something is so ambiguous it cannot be gleaned for any of them, in which case I shall try to come up with something at least vaguely sensible.
So you will continue to drive the region into the ground by clinging to the Constitution?

Eluvatar:
If two women and an infant come before you, both women claiming to be mother to the infant, the other's child having died, how would you rule?
Well, initially, I would be confused as to why they came to me, but as the confusion subsided I would probably run away to escape the responsibility and recommend they take it to an actual court or something to that effect.

Mall:
Zyvetskistaahn:
Mall:
So you will continue to drive the region into the ground by clinging to the Constitution?
Indeed I shall, if people dislike that constitution and want it changed then they should legislate and make it so.

What are your thoughts on the current litigation culture in TNP? Do you think the Court can and/or should address this, or is it an issue for the RA alone?

Malashaan:
What are your thoughts on the current litigation culture in TNP? Do you think the Court can and/or should address this, or is it an issue for the RA alone?
hmm, I suppose my main thought is that there is perhaps a little too much reliance on the Court rather than other methods to reconcile problems; as to what the Court should do about this I would argue that one of the problems is that the Attorney General is not able to exercise discretion in what cases are brought to the Court, though the AG may recommend to the court whether or not a case be brought to trial which is at the moment an acceptable solution, and this is something that could only really be changed through Regional Assembly legislation, with regards to Judicial review I feel that more could be done through the RA but, of course, not everyone wants to legislate for every ambiguity so the Court is a valid option, if overused.

Back