Motion to Recall COE

Understanding that the position of Speaker of the Regional Assembly is a difficult job,

Taking into consideration recent events,

Realizing that the current Speaker has recently been doing an excellent job by,
Managing the numerous recent recalls and constitutional amendments
(a) in a timely manner and
(b) in a composed and professional manner,

Which is obviously not the will of the people,

I hereby motion to recall COE as Speaker of the Regional Assembly.

Not sure if this is a joke or if you're being serious...

I'm not even sure I read all that correctly. It's time for me to shoot myself and let someone younger get involved.

Say, why don't you kids go play in the OOC! There are some delightful threads over there where you can make as big a mess as you like. :P

COE is a nice guy, although his sense of interior decoration in the RA halls leaves much to be disired. I mean, lime green shag carpet in the rotunda?!

Romanoffia:
COE is a nice guy, although his sense of interior decoration in the RA halls leaves much to be disired. I mean, lime green shag carpet in the rotunda?!
See, the problem we have in this region is that people vote based on their personal feelings rather than the facts. Facts are the enemy of the oligarchy.

The prudent thing for COE to do in the event of his own recall is to hand the administration of such a vote to his deputy speaker, and he has indicated multiple times (citable upon request) his intent to do exactly that were such a motion to be put forth. In presumption of his self-recusal, I will be administering this vote.

I will be keeping with the speaker's preexisting voting procedures. As such, this motion will be put to the RA once the existing recall votes against Hileville and PunkD have concluded. I will entertain retractions of this motion or its second until then - likely sometime on the 21st.

COE was quoted on IRC the other night saying that he would forgo convention and process these votes 3 at a time.

EDIT: I can produce logs if needed, but that night was a particularly busy night in the chat so if you decide to keep with convention I will not fight it; I just recall him saying it.

I do recall him saying that, but he then made the decision to not put any more than the two motions to vote. I can confirm with him when he returns, but as there is an existing queue, I don't want to bump this up ahead of ones that came before it.

Scarpanto:
COE was quoted on IRC the other night saying that he would forgo convention and process these votes 3 at a time.

EDIT: I can produce logs if needed, but that night was a particularly busy night in the chat so if you decide to keep with convention I will not fight it; I just recall him saying it.
If we were doing two at a time, Eluvatar's would be up. But I eventually decided to go with two at a time, because recalls are short votes; I wouldn't want someone to miss a week and wind up getting kicked from the RA for inactivity.

I did say as much in #tnp, but I am as reluctant to dig for logs as you are.

SillyString:
The prudent thing for COE to do in the event of his own recall is to hand the administration of such a vote to his deputy speaker, and he has indicated multiple times (citable upon request) his intent to do exactly that were such a motion to be put forth. In presumption of his self-recusal, I will be administering this vote.

I will be keeping with the speaker's preexisting voting procedures. As such, this motion will be put to the RA once the existing recall votes against Hileville and PunkD have concluded. I will entertain retractions of this motion or its second until then - likely sometime on the 21st.
based on his actions as evidenced here, I feel it is necessary to retract my motion. Camping at a time like this is definitely the will of the people!

Lord Byron:
SillyString:

based on his actions as evidenced here, I feel it is necessary to retract my motion. Camping at a time like this is definitely the will of the people!
Well, that's certainly a relief. You really had me sweatin' there. I was afraid the 82% of the vote that I got in the election might not turn out to keep me in office!

Funkadelia:
Crushing Our Enemies:
Of course you do. Is that an official motion?
I don't understand what the cause of the rude response was. If you're going to be the Speaker of the RA, act like it.
To be frank, COE has been the most active, least contentious, and most reasonable Speaker I've seen since joining the Regional Assembly last summer. Where you see "rude," I see tongue-in-cheek. Where you see him not behaving as the Speaker should, I see him handling people demanding his recall much more gracefully than most would -- especially given that there are no legitimate grounds for it and it's being done by a handful of people who seem determined to troll the region and waste our time.

As I've said elsewhere, I'm against this recall but I certainly wish there was a way to recall ordinary members of the RA who don't contribute anything of value and seem intent only on disruption.

Ono Hawaiian Style Potato-Mac Salad

4 russet potatoes
4 hard-boiled eggs
1 cup elbow macaroni
1 carrot, grated
1/4 cup frozen peas
1 1/2 cups mayonnaise
Salt & pepper to taste

Boil potatoes, unpeeled, for 20 minutes. Cook macaroni according to package directions. Peel and dice the potatoes and eggs. Mix everything together and refrigerate.

:P

Cormac Stark:
Funkadelia:
Crushing Our Enemies:
Of course you do. Is that an official motion?
I don't understand what the cause of the rude response was. If you're going to be the Speaker of the RA, act like it.
To be frank, COE has been the most active, least contentious, and most reasonable Speaker I've seen since joining the Regional Assembly last summer. Where you see "rude," I see tongue-in-cheek. Where you see him not behaving as the Speaker should, I see him handling people demanding his recall much more gracefully than most would -- especially given that there are no legitimate grounds for it and it's being done by a handful of people who seem determined to troll the region and waste our time.

As I've said elsewhere, I'm against this recall but I certainly wish there was a way to recall ordinary members of the RA who don't contribute anything of value and seem intent only on disruption.
I'd like to recall you too :console:

Back