TNPer
TNP Nation
Hileville
Discord
Dennrick#0489
Coat_of_Arms_of_TSP_Cabinet-min.png

Statement from the Cabinet of the South Pacific
in regards to Relations with The Pacific
It is with great sadness that we are faced with the evaluation of relationships with regions we called friends while attempting to recover from the heinous actions of Milograd.  The Pacific has long been considered a close friend and ally of The South Pacific, most recently being formally allied under the Modern Pacific Alliance. However, our relationship goes back much further, with almost a decade of close friendship between us. The Coalition and her Army took up arms to aid The Pacific when asked in January of this year. For us, it was not imaginable that should The Pacific be threatened that we would not come to their aid when asked. In reverse, we could not imagine them failing to heed our own call should it be issued; such was the historic ties of friendship between our regions. 

However, when Milograd began his coup and campaign of terror, The Pacific chose to instead push off the actions of Milograd as a mere internal matter that the natives - who were being ejected and banned from their home - would need to figure out. As an entire GCR community was purged, and replaced on mass with an imported UCR one to pile and prop up a petty tyrant, The Pacific sat back and watched. As prominent members of The Pacific joined in Milograd's coup, or sat back and cheered him on from the sidelines, we sat back and wondered; when would The Pacific take action? When would their declared principles, our ten years of shared history, our own recent commitments to them, any of that matter? What would it take The Pacific to get of the fence? The answer was that nothing would bring them off the fence. Today The South Pacific truly knows how much The Pacific values our friendship, how much their own supposed principles matter to them.

The Cabinet is in agreement that the actions of The Pacific were far from what we consider to be those an ally or a friend. Therefore effective immediately all relations with The Pacific are severed completely.  The in-game and forum Embassies of The Pacific are to be closed immediately.  Feeder solidarity was tested and The Pacific has been found wanting.

The Cabinet of the South Pacific

Thanks for the update Hile. It was sad to see that TP took that position and I think TSP has responded appropriately.

Needless to say the decision of the New Pacific Order to promote both Milograd and Karparthos today was deemed a further insult to The South Pacific. As such we issued our statement a few hours earlier than planned.

Frankly aren't these words of condemnation slightly disrespectful to the proud history of The Pacific, with the NPO government being formed by a dramatic and violent revolution of the kind we saw a glimpse of under Milograd in TSP? You can criticise Milo's hipocrisy and disloyalty for betraying his friends in the oligarchy but I think you will find it much harder to refute his actual arguments, the points he was trying to make demonstrating the alienation of the masses that existed in TSP and is now continuing again with the re-establishment of the status quo.

I don't know the ins and outs of it, I don't pretend to be able to inform you on the situation that you clearly had a central role in, but I suspect TP had its reasons for its decisions and if you let the relationship collapse now it is your loss.

Bel - Frankly, when TP posted it's neutrality this statement should have been made. When you all poo-poo'd my comments calling a spade a spade a couple weeks ago, I thought you all were working behind the scenes to get TP to publicly support you.

I understand the sentiment, but TP, imo, was a critical partner to you all. They will be an ally not easily replaced.

The NPO's appointing of Milograd as Ambassador to TNP on the heels of all this seems calculated to further draw the lines with respect to GCR relations, if not provoke an international incident. Disappointing indeed.

Belschaft:
Needless to say the decision of the New Pacific Order to promote both Milograd and Karparthos today was deemed a further insult to The South Pacific. As such we issued our statement a few hours earlier than planned.
I can assure you that your opinions/feeling have no bearing on what the Pacific does within it's own government. Maybe you shouldn't be throwing stones in that glass house of yours. Antariel comes to mind Bel. Stop whining and figure out what you're going to do with regards to your own region. All you've been doing lately is bitching and whining about being embarassed by Milograd. Get your own house in order.

I don't pretend to understand the finer workings of how The Pacific operates.

I do recall mobilizing the NPA to assist TP in their hour of need. Against an opposition I might add.

So with all due deference Chas. No.

I suspect a statement from TNP will be forthcoming shortly.

Back