Another Petition

An open letter to the Minister of World Assembly affairs Mall:

I would like to put forward a motion to petition Mall, for not fulfilling his duties as Minister of WA Affairs. I am hoping that these means may serve as an alternative to recalling, which I do not believe is warranted at this time.

Here is the petition for consideration by the Regional Assembly:

petition:
Minister,

It has come to the attention of this assembly that during your term as Minister of Communications, you have failed to uphold the standards demanded by the position you hold. Most notably, your ministry has failed to write a new North Pacific update, critical for keeping our overseas contacts informed of our affairs. Furthermore, your office has failed to bring any guidance to the citizens of this region on how WA bills might affect them, and what they should consider when voting.

We, the members of the Regional Assembly, strongly request that you write additional North Pacific updates, keep the citizens of TNP informed on WA affairs, and continue to execute your duties. Consider this a warning before we seek a recall.

With respect,
The Regional Assembly

I would contend that I have fulfilled the mandate I was presented by the voters of TNP. For a few members of the RA to present such a letter would indicate that they reject the will of the majority that elected me to my current position.

Furthermore I question where it is stated that the RA has the authority to remove me from my current office.
22. There will be an Executive Officer charged with the North Pacific's foreign affairs. They will ensure the continued operation of any embassies of the North Pacific.
23. There will be an Executive Officer charged with welcoming. They will be tasked with ensuring that nations founded in the North Pacific are appropriately greeted, that newcomers to the regional forum and to regional internet relay chats shall be welcomed and helped with any questions, and with the maintenance of regional FAQs.
24. There will be an Executive Officer charged with military affairs. They will carry out such legal missions as are authorized by the Delegate, expressly or categorically.
25. There will be an Executive Officer charged with governmental communications. They will report on events in the region.
26. An Executive Officer may sustain multiple roles defined by this Act.
27. The Regional Assembly may elect an Executive Officer should one of the roles defined by this act remain vacant for seven days or in connection with the Regional Assembly removing the Executive Officer charged with that role.
Note that nowhere am I defined as an Executive officer.
Rule 4

Removing and/or Replacing Executive Officers
1. A legal motion may be filed to remove an executive officer.
2. Such a motion may name a replacement.
3. If seconded, such a motion will move to a vote within two days.
4. The vote on this motion will be open for five days.
As such:
36822782.jpg

MAll is quite right. this is yet another of the gaping holes in our constitution that would be ended if we adopted the Flemingovian constitution.

Furthermore, taking an office for the shiny badge, prestige and the access to private areas of the forum and then doing jack all in office is a fine TNP tradition.

If we removed all government and court officials who did nothing, there would be almost nobody left.

King Durk the Awesome:
Mall is one of a rare breed of politicians that fulfills his campaign promises. We need more Mall.
I have looked up Mall's election promises All could see was:

Vote for me if you believe that your elected officials need someone to constantly question, harass, and bother them in their meetings to help keep them on their toes. Otherwise vote for the more qualified candidates.

It is one of the most lacklustre campaigns I have ever seen in TNP. Should we be surprised that his tenure in office is equally dreary?

I'm not quite sure by your letter if Mall is MoWA or MoC, but if he is MoC then this would make him an executive officer;

25. There will be an Executive Officer charged with governmental communications. They will report on events in the region.

re:Flemingovia,

I must agree with Flem. Why do we expect him to do his job with a campaign like that, when trolls chose him over people who actually had campaigns and had shown they would work hard? Nope, instead we elected someone who trolled in his campaign, has admitted to promoting region destruction because he likes trolling people with it, and promised to harass the rest of the Council?

:facepalm:

Kingborough:
I'm not quite sure by your letter if Mall is MoWA or MoC, but if he is MoC then this would make him an executive officer;

Yeah, I kinda just copied and pasted my letter to Roman and changed it to MoWA...

But the whole point is he is not doing his job to the satisfaction of this Assembly, and we would like to express concern. Is it really worth recalling at this point? Probably not. But I am hoping this will serve as a way in the future to warn public officials of our dissatisfaction with their work without having to recall.

I am not the Minister of Communications. However your concerns have been noted, and if this is truly the will of the RA (that I begin doing my job, against what I was elected to do) then I will begin to do so. I merely fear for those whose voices are not represented in this request.

Mall:
I am not the Minister of Communications. However your concerns have been noted, and if this is truly the will of the RA (that I begin doing my job, against what I was elected to do) then I will begin to do so. I merely fear for those whose voices are not represented in this request.
Mall's post has the ring of verisimilitude.

Surely if we wanted a MoWA who was going to do WA Affairs then we would have elected someone else?

I did not vote for Mall, but I respect the rights of the rest of the RA, be they trolls or not, to choose their executive officers.

Obviously if the RA has changed its mind and it doesn't want Mall to exercise is office his way, then that's another matter.

I once had a half-elf who had a ring of versimilitude. It gave him +4 on all stats but gave him a 20% chance daily to be turned into a level 3 wolf.

Ah, Dungeons and Dragons. Those were the days.....

flemingovia:
I once had a half-elf who had a ring of versimilitude. It gave him +4 on all stats but gave him a 20% chance daily to be turned into a level 3 wolf.

Ah, Dungeons and Dragons. Those were the days.....
:lol: Since you mention it, a couple of my kids are into D&D and host a regular game at my house 2 nights a week with miscellaneous ad hoc character development sessions in between. The Pathfinder campaigns are particularly popular now.

Back to the topic: This petition isn't worth the ether it's printed on. It has no teeth. Plus, the delegate can do what he wants with the cabinet. Except appoint Gov. It's too late for that now.

Oh, well in that case, let's have at it.

Mall, I, Great Bights Mum, and all me salty dogs are heartily dissatisfied in the utmost with your failure to perform. We haven't witnessed such impotence since Great Bights Dad, may he rest in peace. You need to be tackling those WA affairs with some gusto.

We will be signing the petition with large, brightly colored, looping letters. We encourage everyone else who has been similarly let down to speak up as well.

Great Bights Mum:
Oh, well in that case, let's have at it.

Mall, I, Great Bights Mum, and all me salty dogs are heartily dissatisfied in the utmost with your failure to perform. We haven't witnessed such impotence since Great Bights Dad, may he rest in peace. You need to be tackling those WA affairs with some gusto.

We will be signing the petition with large, brightly colored, looping letters. We encourage everyone else who has been similarly let down to speak up as well.
Nonsense, the voters demanded a failure to perform and I have responded in as sluggish and impotent a fashion that I could.

I would encourage the petitioner to simply seek signatures for his petition, and submit it to Mall's office when he feels he has enough, rather than move this to a vote. A vote is an unnecessary procedure in this case, since it has no legally binding effect. Furthermore, a satisfactory number of signatures may be received in fewer than 7 days.

If the petitioner insists on moving this to a vote, I will allow it to proceed. However, since it purports to represent the will of every member of the RA ("We, the members of the Regional Assembly ... With respect, The Regional Assembly,") it will require a unanimous vote to pass. A wiser, and likely more successful course of action would be to seek signatures, either by private message, in this thread, or in a new thread.

Thank you, Mr. Speaker. I will take those into consideration, and see how to properly implement them into this petition. Perhaps an additional thread for actual signatures would be a good place to keep track of who signed, since this thread is likely to get clogged with discussion.

I welcome any and all attempts by the few malcontents within the RA to attack the fortress that is my office. It is built with the stones of democracy upon a foundation of freedom.

Minister,

It has come to the attention of this assembly that during your term as Minister of WA Affairs, you have failed to uphold the standards demanded by the position you hold. Most notably, your ministry has failed to write a new North Pacific update, critical for keeping our overseas contacts informed of our affairs. Furthermore, your office has failed to bring any guidance to the citizens of this region on how WA bills might affect them, and what they should consider when voting.

We, the signitories from the Regional Assembly, strongly request that you write additional North Pacific updates, keep the citizens of TNP informed on WA affairs, and continue to execute your duties. Consider this a warning before we seek a recall.

With respect,
The Regional Assembly signitories

An updated petition. Comments?

The continued threat of recall does nothing to further your cause. I would like to see this put before the RA to determine their true opinion. If the majority of the RA wishes me to begin fulfilling the role of the WA Minister instead of my campaign mandate, then so it shall be.

Just a minor wording issue, "signatory" indicates an entity that is entering into an agreement, such as a country signing a treaty. Where you say "We, the signitories from the Regional Assembly," consider substituting something like "We, the undersigned Regional Assemblymen." And at the end, you could just list the names.

Petition:
Minister,

It has come to the attention of this assembly that during your term as Minister of WA Affairs, you have failed to uphold the standards demanded by the position you hold. Most notably, your ministry has failed to write a new North Pacific update, critical for keeping our overseas contacts informed of our affairs. Furthermore, your office has failed to bring any guidance to the citizens of this region on how WA bills might affect them, and what they should consider when voting.

We, the undersigned Regional Assemblymen, strongly request that you write additional North Pacific updates, keep the citizens of TNP informed on WA affairs, and continue to execute your duties. Consider this a warning before we seek a recall.

With respect,
The undersigned Regional Assemblymen

Comments?

Also, Mr. Speaker, would it be possible to create a signing thread in a 'vote' format? This would be presented like a vote, but would be for people to "sign" by writing their name. Do you believe this would be an effective method, or would you advise something else?

Feel free to post a new thread in the Regional Assembly forum (not the voting floor) asking for signatures, if you'd like to keep signature-gathering separate from this debate thread.

I'd just like to say something here in Mall's favor.

Unfortunately, I won't. Continue on, children.

Back