I would like to change the Regional Assembly forum structure from this:

Regional Assembly
-The Laws
-Membership Rolls
-Meeting Chambers
--Private Halls
-Voting Floor
to this:

Regional Assembly (inherit permissions from the previous "Meeting Chambers" forum.)
-The Laws
-Membership Rolls
-Citizen's Lobby (inherit permissions from the previous "Regional Assembly" forum.)
-Private Halls
-Voting Floor

Essentially, I want the meeting chambers (the subforum that gets the majority of the posting) to become the top level forum, and make the citizen's lobby a place for registered citizens to comment on RA business or petition the RA, instead of the top-level forum. If there is concern that citizens will not know where to post, we can add some text to the RA forum description on the order of "Registered Citizens may post within, at the Citizen's Lobby." We might even add something to the OP of the registered citizens application thread, as well.

I've posted this request before in the admin request thread, but after it received little attention from the admin team, it was recommended that I post a new thread.

EDIT: Link to original request and subsequent discussion.

The reason why I'd disagree with this, is the part accessible to non-members should be the outer section and the part that is inaccessible to non-members should be the inner section.

I.e. the outside be a higher level and the inside is a lower level.

I.e. how it was. But I don't want to make a big issue of it, if people feel this is an improvement.

My viewpoint is that the Regional Assembly forum exists for the Regional Assembly to conduct its business. The main forum should be the meeting chambers because that's where the business takes place. The allowance for citizens to address the assembly is an auxiliary function of the forum, and doesn't deserve prime real estate.

Crushing Our Enemies:
My viewpoint is that the Regional Assembly forum exists for the Regional Assembly to conduct its business. The main forum should be the meeting chambers because that's where the business takes place. The allowance for citizens to address the assembly is an auxiliary function of the forum, and doesn't deserve prime real estate.
That works.

BTW COE, how do you get that RA Voting Record thread in your signature?

Chasmanthe:
The reason why I'd disagree with this, is the part accessible to non-members should be the outer section and the part that is inaccessible to non-members should be the inner section.

I.e. the outside be a higher level and the inside is a lower level.

I.e. how it was. But I don't want to make a big issue of it, if people feel this is an improvement.
Generally speaking - when we notice - the admin team try to accommodate the structuring and masking requests of the cabinet official responsible. It is not generally a subject for lengthy debate.

So if you disagree, run for office then change it.

Crushing Our Enemies:
I would like to change the Regional Assembly forum structure from this:

Regional Assembly
-The Laws
-Membership Rolls
-Meeting Chambers
--Private Halls
-Voting Floor
to this:

Regional Assembly (inherit permissions from the previous "Meeting Chambers" forum.)
-The Laws
-Membership Rolls
-Citizen's Lobby (inherit permissions from the previous "Regional Assembly" forum.)
-Private Halls
-Voting Floor

Essentially, I want the meeting chambers (the subforum that gets the majority of the posting) to become the top level forum, and make the citizen's lobby a place for registered citizens to comment on RA business or petition the RA, instead of the top-level forum. If there is concern that citizens will not know where to post, we can add some text to the RA forum description on the order of "Registered Citizens may post within, at the Citizen's Lobby." We might even add something to the OP of the registered citizens application thread, as well.

I've posted this request before in the admin request thread, but after it received little attention from the admin team, it was recommended that I post a new thread.

EDIT: Link to original request and subsequent discussion.
Done. Let me know if it works as you wished,

Well, the Citizen's Lobby is there, and that's good, but the other part is that the private halls become a subforum of Regional Assembly instead of the Meeting Chambers. Then the Meeting Chambers are deleted, and all the threads are moved to the Regional Assembly forum. Then, the permissions of the Regional Assembly forum need to be changed to match the former Meeting Chambers.

Back