Sequestration

Today is the fourth day of Sequestration in the United States, with no end expected.

What are your thoughts on Sequestration, and do you think it is a good thing, or a bad thing?

Reuters Sequestration Factbox

In other traumatic news, due to Sequestration, White House tours have been cancelled until further notice.

Scandigrad:
Today is the fourth day of Sequestration in the United States, with no end expected.

What are your thoughts on Sequestration, and do you think it is a good thing, or a bad thing?

Reuters Sequestration Factbox

In other traumatic news, due to Sequestration, White House tours have been cancelled until further notice.
The issue of sequestration I think is a bad thing. Something that was forced through, that both parties thought was bad, at the last second, and one party let this happened. I think the Republican Party does not care for the United States. I think the Republican Party wants to destroy the United States.

On a side note, in the 1940s, 50s and 60s, they createdSocial Security, Medicare, Medicaid, and revamped United States Postal Service. Now they want to try to kill it. They have almost killed the USPS. And now we have Bush the third trying to run for office.

Now back to sequestration, the idiots who leads the United States House of Representatives of my birth district but not my home district has his balls clenched, and on the verge of ripping off by the Fox news Republican Party = The Tea Party. This problem of sequestration were started by the Republican Party and it will end with the Democrat party. The day that John Boehner cries again will be the day that this sequestration will end.

But here is something that is even sadder than the sequestration happening. At the end of this month the debt ceiling rears its ugly head once again.Then at the end of June they will start to talk about the 2014 FY budget, along with anything they decided to kick the can down the road to the budget talks just so they can {BLEEP}, moan, and groan.

It is very sickening but the Republican Party is doing, and I cannot wait until I'm 26 years old.
The Republican Party gerrymandered the entire United States so they don't have to do :jack: :crimsonorderpost: and try to bargain and compromise with the president.

http://www.whitehouse.gov/blog/2013/02/21/balanced-plan-avert-sequester-and-reduce-deficit

While I'd say the initial fault is with the Republican party, they've been more willing to talk. I'd argue it's the President that's been not playing ball as of late. Notice that following the election, he refused to sit down with republican leaders and start talking about sequestration. I'd say he wanted it to happen, since he knew the public would continue to blame the Republicans, which would put him in a better negotiation position down the road.

Frontline: Cliffhanger

Meanwhile, in a clearly political move, the White House is no longer open to public tours due to sequestration. It puts the congressmen in a bad position.

Washington Post: White House Cancels Tours

That being said, to summarize my feelings, everyone on the Hill needs a slap in the back of the head.

As a note, the Republicans opposed Social Security, Medicare, and Medicaid when they were originally enacted.

Maybe because the knew eventually it will bankrupt us with the baby boomers retiering it isn't going to be pretty our unfunded liabilites total up to 114.5 trillion this is what it is in the long form 114,500,000,000,000 this amount in hundred dollar bills could be made into a skyscraper taller then the WTC

Eluvatar:
As a note, the Republicans opposed Social Security, Medicare, and Medicaid when they were originally enacted.
That's because all those programs are COMMUNIST and Communist programs will never work in the United States. The Republican Party will see to that personally.

Knute:
Maybe because the knew eventually it will bankrupt us with the baby boomers retiering it isn't going to be pretty our unfunded liabilites total up to 114.5 trillion this is what it is in the long form 114,500,000,000,000 this amount in hundred dollar bills could be made into a skyscraper taller then the WTC

These "unfunded liability" figures with an infinite time horizon are, practically speaking, useless. By far the greater portion of them, also, is Medicaid assuming continued growth in health care spending at the same rate as when the projection was made.

One way or another health care simply can't become most of our economy. Either we will succeed in our efforts to arrest that growth (exceeding overall growth) or it will arrest itself in an unpleasant manner.

The sensationalist counting of hundred dollar bills however is simply silly.

The fault lies with both parties. It takes two to have an argument. Suggesting that it's just the Republicans fault or just the Democrats', is intellectually lazy in my opinion and let's both parties and the Pres off the hook.

In other words, we could play the blame game all the way to economic failure and that would be silly. I say vote 'em all out.

Scandigrad:
While I'd say the initial fault is with the Republican party, they've been more willing to talk. I'd argue it's the President that's been not playing ball as of late.
tumblr_meoo1hysjJ1rsyldzo1_250.jpg

Thanks, Obama.

I think the Republican Party originally thought that it was a bad idea, but now decided it was not so bad.
It is spending cuts, which is the kind of thing they want, right?
They don't believe in kinesian (sp?) economics, right?

Call me ignorant, but I don't understand why the President has so much responsibility over the budget, which is a legislative issue. (Yes, I know he has veto power)

I think people are not yet feeling the pain, since it's only been a few days, but will start to. The question is will they connect the cause and effect 6 months from now. (Just look at the DJIA run lately, which I assume is due to optimism.

The sequestration has been going on for a long time now but had faded from the news. Does anyone know what effect it is still having on the deficit and economy? I believe in cuts to spending so maybe it's a good thing. The negative effects seem to have been exaggerated.

TNP WIRE! BREAKING NEWS!

"Due to the recent sequestration, Secret Service Staff at the White House will be eliminated and replaced by Joe Biden with a shotgun on the Balcony". :duh: :lol:

Back