The Red Dragon

qrOHOhA.jpg

The Red Dragon
The super awesome blog of Welsh Cowboy

Come one, come all! Welcome to the greatest show on earth, or at least one of the top 10! This is the Red Dragon, the super awesome blog of Welsh Cowboy! What can you expect at this conversion of class and coolness? I'm not quite sure, but if you're not satisfied with your experience, you know about our total money back guarantee, right? For a free blog, that's pretty impressive.

So I'm not even sure where this is going to lead, but I noticed that the Blogs forum looked remarkably empty, and this is simply unacceptable! Without further ado, welcome to the Red Dragon! I hope you enjoy what you see! If you'd like to see something, PM me, and maybe I can put it in. And if not, I will at least reply to your PM, in theory.

Welcome to the Red Dragon! :hello:

Word of the Day

*drumroll*

sophister (n.)- a specious, unsound, or fallacious reasoner

Example:
Crushing our Enemies believes that Unibot is a sophister because he bases his reasoning on the flawed theory of defenderism.*

My Opinion on this Word:
Why do I find this word interesting? Perhaps because of the contradiction in my initial observations of the word and the actual definition. When I initially read this word, it seems to me that it would be related to sophistication, meaning wise or advanced intellectually. In reality, though, it means the opposite. It means someone who reasons based on false foundations. What is this contradiction equivalent to? Imagine walking into a knitting club, only to find the women discussing the latest sports scores? Or better yet, wandering onto the TBH forums to find Tramiar expressing love for natives everywhere? Can't imagine either of these scenarios? Well then you know how my mind was blown when I read the actual definition.

And now, the question you're asking: Why does this crazy blogger spend so much time analyzing words?

The answer: Because I love saving kittens, the planet, and rainbows. I'm doing YOU a service by blogging about sophisters.

The Challenge:
Post below your favorite example of a sophister. Explain why, in no more than three sentences, of course. Let's see who has the best Sophister Detector!

PWJbws7.jpg

* Disclaimer: I have no idea if COE actually feels this way

Anyone that thinks Iro will give them favors because they vote for him is a sophister.

Somewhat Regular Update

Hello loyal reader! Your support is much appreciated!

So in today's random post, I will be eliciting your opinions on an Ottoman sultan. What is the Ottoman Empire, you say? Well, here's a Wikipedia article in English and in French.

But now, onto the real reason I'm typing these characters to allow you to read them. Take a look at the following picture:

ZydRcOX.jpg

This is Musa Çelebi, a coruler of the Ottoman Empire for three years early in its existence. Now the question is, who or what does he remind you of? Make it wordy, make it concise, make it in-between. Just tell me what you think? The best answer in the next 48 hours receives a prize! So give me your opinion!

Thanks for reading and God bless,
Welsh Cowboy

Back