The OR Bill

Discord
COE#7110
Enough is enough.

The OR Bill:
Chapter 6, Clause 10 of the Codified Law of The North Pacific is hereby amended to read as follows:

10. The Speaker's office will promptly remove any members whose removal is ordered by the Court, whose North Pacific nation leaves or ceases to exist, or who fail to log in to the North Pacific forum for over 30 days.

I have, until this point, been interpreting 6.1:10 in the manner that I assumed the authors of the Legal Code and the current Regional Assembly intended it to be interpreted. That is to say, I have been removing members of the Regional Assembly who meet any of the three conditions for removal in the clause, as if there were an "or" present. Should this bill come to a vote, achieve quorum, and fail to pass, that would be a clear indication that I have been interpreting this clause in a manner inconsistent with the wishes of the RA. As such, I would, in the future, only remove RA members who met all three of the requirements, unless the Court provided an alternate interpretation.

I don't expect any issues with this one. But this is, after all, The North Pacific. So, bring it on. :)

I would prefer if this were fixed using the "minor corrections" clause, but if we must vote then I will of course support it.

I would think the deputy speaker should handle this since the speaker is proposing it but hey.

Eluvatar:
I would prefer if this were fixed using the "minor corrections" clause, but if we must vote then I will of course support it.
Even if the courts gave the order, r3n and possibly others would object. So...I'm totally with you, but we do have to vote.

Back