Sanctaria

TNPer
-
-
Pronouns
he/him/his
Discord
sanctaria
In reviewing this resolution, the Ministry concentrates on the arguments contained therein, and not the actual substance and content of the resolution it is intended to repeal.

This repeal resolution argues that the limited scope of the target resolution is discriminatory and renders it harmful to victims of rape that does not take place in a marital setting; it proposes that in concentrating on marital rape, victims of non-marital rape may find that the crime committed against them does not rank of equal precedence to that of marital rape.

The resolution also suggests that the premise for a resolution on marital rape - that the victim is in constant contact with the perpetrator - is flawed in that it does not consider other familial relationships where rape or sexual abuse may take place. The author contends that this also is discriminatory and potentially harmful.

The Ministry recommends that if you agree with the author in his assessment that the target resolution is flawed, discriminatory, and potentially harmful, that you vote for. Should you, on the other hand, feel that the concerns of the author are misplaced and that the target resolution covers the topic more than adequately and does not pose a risk to victims of other forms of rape, then this Ministry recommends a vote against. If you have no strong feelings either way, a sense of apathy, or seem uncertain about repealing the target resolution, then an abstention is recommended.

draft:
Hello @@NAME@@,
In order to further the World Assembly's mission and better represent what The North Pacific's World Assembly nations intend, my government's Ministry of WA Affairs has an "Information For Voters" program.

Current Resolution at Vote:
Repeal "Marital Rape Justice Act" ( http://www.nationstates.net/page=ga )
http://forum.thenorthpacific.org/topic/7013945/

Summary:
This resolution would repeal the GA resolution "Marital Rape Justice Act". Its stipulations would no longer be in force and its moral decency effects would be undone in all member nations.

Ministry of WA Affairs Review
by Deputy Minister [nation=short]Sanctarian WA Mission[/nation]
In reviewing this resolution, the Ministry concentrates on the arguments contained therein, and not the actual substance and content of the resolution it is intended to repeal.

This repeal resolution argues that the limited scope of the target resolution is discriminatory and renders it harmful to victims of rape that does not take place in a marital setting; it proposes that in concentrating on marital rape, victims of non-marital rape may find that the crime committed against them does not rank of equal precedence to that of marital rape.

The resolution also suggests that the premise for a resolution on marital rape - that the victim is in constant contact with the perpetrator - is flawed in that it does not consider other familial relationships where rape or sexual abuse may take place. The author contends that this also is discriminatory and potentially harmful.

The Ministry recommends that if you agree with the author in his assessment that the target resolution is flawed, discriminatory, and potentially harmful, that you vote for. Should you, on the other hand, feel that the concerns of the author are misplaced and that the target resolution covers the topic more than adequately and does not pose a risk to victims of other forms of rape, then this Ministry recommends a vote against. If you have no strong feelings either way, a sense of apathy, or seem uncertain about repealing the target resolution, then an abstention is recommended.

Final Note

As I compose this message, no one has voted so the Ministry has advised me to vote in favor because the author is from an allied region. I govern my vote by how the regional members vote on the forum or by telegramming me, so you can easily change it.
Forum topic: http://forum.thenorthpacific.org/topic/7013945/

If anything about this is confusing or annoying, please be unafraid to ask questions or request that I exempt your nation from receiving Information For Voters messages.

Thank you for reading,
Your Delegate,
McMasterdonia

Code:
    Hello @@NAME@@,
    In order to further the World Assembly's mission and better represent what The North Pacific's World Assembly nations intend, my government's Ministry of WA Affairs has an "Information For Voters" program.

[b]Current Resolution at Vote:[/b]
    Repeal "Marital Rape Justice Act" ( [url]http://www.nationstates.net/page=ga[/url] )
    [url]http://forum.thenorthpacific.org/topic/7013945/[/url]

[b]Summary:[/b]
    This resolution would repeal the GA resolution "Marital Rape Justice Act". Its stipulations would no longer be in force and its moral decency effects would be undone in all member nations.

[b]Ministry of WA Affairs Review[/b]
    [i]by Deputy Minister [nation=short]Sanctarian WA Mission[/nation][/i]

The Ministry recommends that if you agree with the author in his assessment that the target resolution is flawed, discriminatory, and potentially harmful, that you vote [b]for[/b]. Should you, on the other hand, feel that the concerns of the author are misplaced and that the target resolution covers the topic more than adequately and does not pose a risk to victims of other forms of rape, then this Ministry recommends a vote [b]against[/b]. If you have no strong feelings either way, a sense of apathy, or seem uncertain about repealing the target resolution, then an [b]abstention[/b] is recommended.

[b]Final Note[/b]

As I compose this message, no one has voted so the Ministry has advised me to vote in favor because the author is from an allied region. I govern my vote by how the regional members vote on the forum or by telegramming me, so you can easily change it.
    Forum topic: [url]http://forum.thenorthpacific.org/topic/7013945/[/url]

If anything about this is confusing or annoying, please be unafraid to ask questions or request that I exempt your nation from receiving Information For Voters messages.

Thank you for reading,
    Your Delegate,
    [nation]McMasterdonia[/nation]

Checked with Sedge, and I was right. A repeal undoes half the stats.

Back