VOTE: Registrar of Confidential Puppets

Discord
COE#7110
I am bound by law to select a Registrar of Confidential Puppets, whose job is outlined below:

Legal Code Chapter 6:
Section 6.2: RA WA Verification and Confidentiality Act

11. The Speaker will designate a person who is not involved in any military operations to be the registrar of confidential puppets.
12. Assembly members with a World Assembly nation must inform the registrar of any nation of theirs which may attain World Assembly membership before it does so.
13. Unless granted permission otherwise by the Assembly member in question, if the registrar is informed of possible future World Assembly nations the registrar will keep that information in confidence and will not share it with anyone on pain of a minimum three months ban from the region unless the registrar observes such a nation waging war against the North Pacific.
14. The registrar will not inform their successor of confidential potential World Assembly nations; they may only report which Assembly Members have submitted such lists.

Obviously, the Registrar will need to be someone trusted by the Regional Assembly to keep lots of private information in confidence. As such, it would be the deepest folly were I to simply select someone unilaterally, without seeking the advice and consent of the Assembly. Therefore, I have come up with a selection process to ensure that the Registrar will be a functional government entity.

I have compiled a slate of three candidates. On the ballot below, consider for each candidate whether you would trust them as your registrar. Do not compare the candidates to each other, but rather consider each one individually. Vote "Yes" for each candidate who you would trust with yours and others confidential puppets, vote "No" for each candidate you would not trust, and "Abstain" for candidates that you would not like your vote to count for or against. Candidates who do not receive at least twice as many "Yes" votes as "No" votes will be eliminated, and I will choose from those remaining.

Voting will begin at the time of this post and end at 2:00 GMT 1/26/2013. You may vote publicly in this thread, or send your vote to me by PM.

Code:
Great Bights Mum: Yes | No | Abstain
Former English Colony: Yes | No | Abstain
Sanctaria: Yes | No | Abstain
Please Note: Abstain is the option to abstain from voting, not a candidate for registrar.

spk-seal.png

This is now closed. Thank you all for your input. Here are the results:

Great Bights Mum is Approved, with 21 Yes votes, 2 No votes, and 3 Abstentions, for an approval rate of 91.3%.

Former English Colony is Approved, with 19 Yes votes, 4 No votes, and 3 Absentions, for an approval rate of 82.6%.

Sanctaria is Not Approved, with 4 Yes votes, 11 No votes, and 11 Abstentions, for an approval rate of 26.67%.

The candidates still under consideration are Great Bights Mum and Former English Colony. I will post a nomination shortly in my updates thread.

Back