Responses to My Admin Requests Needed

mcmasterdonia

Just like a queef in the wind, so is life
-
-
-
TNP Nation
McMasterdonia
Now that there are officially three root admins who can make the final call on admin requests, I would like to have mine resolved.

I lodged this request more than 3 weeks ago. That is a long time. If admin is intent on stonewalling the request for it to go in Magicality City, then it would be preferable for the other aspects of the request to be dealt with. 3 weeks is a long time to wait for some subforums.

Another suggestion would be to move the Map of The North Pacific to a subforum of Roleplay. Placing the University in Port Thel.

I made this request in private about a week or so ago. I'm going to post it here as nothing has been done about it yet. I would be much obliged if it could be dealt with asap. The Dean of the University can't organize much until it's done.

Please rename the University forum, The North Pacific University.

Subforums

All should have viewing/posting access to members.

Current Events
Guest Lecture Theatre
History> National History
Politics and Economics
Arts and Sciences
Sport

I'd prefer the Univeristy to be in Magicality city. It doesn't seem to fit in with the Agora.

Lastly can Milograd be given access to the Diplomatic Negotiations area. And may I be provided with the password to it again? This request has been made in private also.

Many Thanks,
McMasterdonia.

Other requests I have yet to have any response to since the initial lodgement:

Script upon registration request:

The response was that we would determine if this is safe and put it to use. We have had the response that it is safe. Has it been implemented yet or not?

I have discussed with some of my Ministers the idea of a PM upon registration. This would help new members to find the appropriate area's of the board easily and will save time for the cabinet in welcoming people.

The script is as follows and goes "Below the Board":

<script type="text/JavaScript">
//<![CDATA[
// Auto PM on Registration Created by Viral - http://zbaio.zetabin.com
var pm = {};
pm.newmessage = "New Message";
pm.from = "System Message";
pm.subject = "Welcome to the Forum!";
pm.content = 'Hello and welcome!';
pm.sent = "One minute ago";
pm.url = "#";
pm.id = $("#top_info strong a").text();
pm.sendmessage = function()
{
$.get(main_url+"msg/?c=2",{},function(data)
{
pm.xc = $("input[name=xc]",data).val();
pm.secure = $("input[name=secure]",data).val();
$.post(main_url+"msg/?c=3&sd=1",{name:pm.id,xc:pm.xc,msg:0,fwd:0,convo:0,draft_edit:0,secure:pm.secure,title:"wJf3V99o_I8hI_c8q-P",post:pm.content,track:1},function(){window.name = window.name.replace("reg=1","");pm.getmessage();});
});
}
pm.toast = function(url,newmessage,from,subject,sent)
{
$("#copyright").after('<div id="pmtoast" style="display: block;"><a id="pmlink" href="'+url+'"><big>'+newmessage+'</big><small>From:</small><strong>'+from+'</strong><br/><small>Subject:</small><strong>'+subject+'</strong><br/><small>Sent:</small><strong>'+sent+'</strong></a><a id="pmclose" href="#">Close</a></div>');
$("#pmclose").click(function(){$(this).parent().hide("slow");});
}
pm.getmessage = function()
{
$.get(main_url+"msg/?folder=-2",{},function(data){
pm.data = $("table.pm.togglechecks tr.row1:first td:first a",data);
pm.url = pm.data.attr("href");
with(pm)
{
toast(url,newmessage,from,subject,sent);
}
});
}
pm.clean = function()
{
if(document.title == "wJf3V99o_I8hI_c8q-P"){
document.title = pm.subject;
var theTitle = $("#boardmeta").next().children();
theTitle.eq(0).html(theTitle.html().replace("wJf3V99o_I8hI_c8q-P",pm.subject));
$("#main a[href="+$('#top_info strong a').attr('href')+"]").parent().html(pm.from);
var nav = document.getElementById("nav");
nav.innerHTML = nav.innerHTML.replace("wJf3V99o_I8hI_c8q-P",pm.subject);
$("#conversation").next().remove();
$("#conversation tr:first td:first img").remove();
}
$("table.pm.togglechecks tr a").each(function()
{
if($(this).text() == "wJf3V99o_I8hI_c8q-P")
{
$(this).text(pm.subject).parent().next().html(pm.from);
}
});
}
pm.register = function()
{
if(location.href.match(//register/?c=1/gi)){
$("button[type=submit]").click(function()
{
window.name = "reg=1";
});
}
}
pm.logged_in = function()
{
return $("#top_info small a").size() == 1;
}
pm.startAuto = function(){
if(window.name.match("reg=1"))
{
if(pm.logged_in() === true)
{
pm.sendmessage();
}
else
{
window.name = window.name.replace("reg=1","");
}
}
}
pm.startAuto();
pm.register();
pm.clean();
//]]>
</script>

The Message we would like sent out to new members is:

Hello and welcome to the North Pacific's regional forums!

It's wonderful to have you join a large community of a large variety of members. To get you started, I would suggest reading our Welcome and Orientation FAQ. It should provide you with the necessary information to get you started in the regional forums.

These forums are very large and have a number of subforums. This can cause a lot of confusion and problems in regards to posting and getting around when you first arrive; thankfully, we have our updated TNP Yellow Pages to help. Simply bookmark the page and it should help you get around.

Finally, you may have some more questions about the North Pacific and these two threads may not give you all the answers. Fear not, because we have an entire FAQ Subforum. Currently, it is being redesigned and updated, so not all threads may be up to date at this time. If you have any questions the FAQs do not answer feel free to post your question here

Welcome to our regional forums, and enjoy your stay!

Yours Sincerely,

The North Pacific

Lastly about 10 days ago I made a request about Embassy Subforums:

My Minister of Foreign Affairs and I both agree that Embassy Row would be tidier if the Embassy threads were replaced with subforums.

It would also make it easier for the Foreign Envoys to find them, especially as the posts drop further back below the date threshold. It would also allow for the pinning of relevant treaties and other agreements in the individual embassies for easy reference.

Overall better organization, easier access. Blah blah.

I'm not asking this be done now, because currently we are working through inactive embassies and arching some. Just questioning the Admin Gods about whether this would be possible? I would be happy to set up the forums if the time factor is an issue. I would also move all relevant threads into their relevant embassy once the forums were made.

This is important as the Minister and I plan to overhaul the foreign affairs department this term. I offered that I would be willing to create the subforums if made an Administrative assistant temporarily. The response I have received on IRC is "Why must this be done now". Frankly that's not good enough, in my opinion. I don't want this request in particular to be delayed until some undefined point in the future.

I'm aware that admin applications are open currently. However, I would like to know the status of some of these outstanding requests from up to 3 weeks ago, that were acknowledged at some point.

McMasterdonia
Delegate of The North Pacific

mcmasterdonia:
Now that there are officially three root admins who can make the final call on admin requests, I would like to have mine resolved.

I lodged this request more than 3 weeks ago. That is a long time. If admin is intent on stonewalling the request for it to go in Magicality City, then it would be preferable for the other aspects of the request to be dealt with. 3 weeks is a long time to wait for some subforums.

Another suggestion would be to move the Map of The North Pacific to a subforum of Roleplay. Placing the University in Port Thel.

I made this request in private about a week or so ago. I'm going to post it here as nothing has been done about it yet. I would be much obliged if it could be dealt with asap. The Dean of the University can't organize much until it's done.

Please rename the University forum, The North Pacific University.

Subforums

All should have viewing/posting access to members.

Current Events
Guest Lecture Theatre
History> National History
Politics and Economics
Arts and Sciences
Sport

I'd prefer the Univeristy to be in Magicality city. It doesn't seem to fit in with the Agora.

Lastly can Milograd be given access to the Diplomatic Negotiations area. And may I be provided with the password to it again? This request has been made in private also.

Many Thanks,
McMasterdonia.

The Admin team has been discussing this. No admin so far has wanted to put the University in the top level of Magicality city. There has been less discussion of subboards though so I'll just go ahead and make some.

mcmasterdonia:
Other requests I have yet to have any response to since the initial lodgement:

I seem to remember addressing the DN-related part of the request...

mcmasterdonia:
Script upon registration request:

The response was that we would determine if this is safe and put it to use. We have had the response that it is safe. Has it been implemented yet or not?

I have discussed with some of my Ministers the idea of a PM upon registration. This would help new members to find the appropriate area's of the board easily and will save time for the cabinet in welcoming people.

The script is as follows and goes "Below the Board":

<script type="text/JavaScript">
//<![CDATA[
// Auto PM on Registration Created by Viral - http://zbaio.zetabin.com
var pm = {};
pm.newmessage = "New Message";
pm.from = "System Message";
pm.subject = "Welcome to the Forum!";
pm.content = 'Hello and welcome!';
pm.sent = "One minute ago";
pm.url = "#";
pm.id = $("#top_info strong a").text();
pm.sendmessage = function()
{
$.get(main_url+"msg/?c=2",{},function(data)
{
pm.xc = $("input[name=xc]",data).val();
pm.secure = $("input[name=secure]",data).val();
$.post(main_url+"msg/?c=3&sd=1",{name:pm.id,xc:pm.xc,msg:0,fwd:0,convo:0,draft_edit:0,secure:pm.secure,title:"wJf3V99o_I8hI_c8q-P",post:pm.content,track:1},function(){window.name = window.name.replace("reg=1","");pm.getmessage();});
});
}
pm.toast = function(url,newmessage,from,subject,sent)
{
$("#copyright").after('<div id="pmtoast" style="display: block;"><a id="pmlink" href="'+url+'"><big>'+newmessage+'</big><small>From:</small><strong>'+from+'</strong><br/><small>Subject:</small><strong>'+subject+'</strong><br/><small>Sent:</small><strong>'+sent+'</strong></a><a id="pmclose" href="#">Close</a></div>');
$("#pmclose").click(function(){$(this).parent().hide("slow");});
}
pm.getmessage = function()
{
$.get(main_url+"msg/?folder=-2",{},function(data){
pm.data = $("table.pm.togglechecks tr.row1:first td:first a",data);
pm.url = pm.data.attr("href");
with(pm)
{
toast(url,newmessage,from,subject,sent);
}
});
}
pm.clean = function()
{
if(document.title == "wJf3V99o_I8hI_c8q-P"){
document.title = pm.subject;
var theTitle = $("#boardmeta").next().children();
theTitle.eq(0).html(theTitle.html().replace("wJf3V99o_I8hI_c8q-P",pm.subject));
$("#main a[href="+$('#top_info strong a').attr('href')+"]").parent().html(pm.from);
var nav = document.getElementById("nav");
nav.innerHTML = nav.innerHTML.replace("wJf3V99o_I8hI_c8q-P",pm.subject);
$("#conversation").next().remove();
$("#conversation tr:first td:first img").remove();
}
$("table.pm.togglechecks tr a").each(function()
{
if($(this).text() == "wJf3V99o_I8hI_c8q-P")
{
$(this).text(pm.subject).parent().next().html(pm.from);
}
});
}
pm.register = function()
{
if(location.href.match(//register/?c=1/gi)){
$("button[type=submit]").click(function()
{
window.name = "reg=1";
});
}
}
pm.logged_in = function()
{
return $("#top_info small a").size() == 1;
}
pm.startAuto = function(){
if(window.name.match("reg=1"))
{
if(pm.logged_in() === true)
{
pm.sendmessage();
}
else
{
window.name = window.name.replace("reg=1","");
}
}
}
pm.startAuto();
pm.register();
pm.clean();
//]]>
</script>

The Message we would like sent out to new members is:

Hello and welcome to the North Pacific's regional forums!

It's wonderful to have you join a large community of a large variety of members. To get you started, I would suggest reading our Welcome and Orientation FAQ. It should provide you with the necessary information to get you started in the regional forums.

These forums are very large and have a number of subforums. This can cause a lot of confusion and problems in regards to posting and getting around when you first arrive; thankfully, we have our updated TNP Yellow Pages to help. Simply bookmark the page and it should help you get around.

Finally, you may have some more questions about the North Pacific and these two threads may not give you all the answers. Fear not, because we have an entire FAQ Subforum. Currently, it is being redesigned and updated, so not all threads may be up to date at this time. If you have any questions the FAQs do not answer feel free to post your question here

Welcome to our regional forums, and enjoy your stay!

Yours Sincerely,

The North Pacific

Please cite who has determined that it is safe.

mcmasterdonia:
Lastly about 10 days ago I made a request about Embassy Subforums:

My Minister of Foreign Affairs and I both agree that Embassy Row would be tidier if the Embassy threads were replaced with subforums.

It would also make it easier for the Foreign Envoys to find them, especially as the posts drop further back below the date threshold. It would also allow for the pinning of relevant treaties and other agreements in the individual embassies for easy reference.

Overall better organization, easier access. Blah blah.

I'm not asking this be done now, because currently we are working through inactive embassies and arching some. Just questioning the Admin Gods about whether this would be possible? I would be happy to set up the forums if the time factor is an issue. I would also move all relevant threads into their relevant embassy once the forums were made.

This is important as the Minister and I plan to overhaul the foreign affairs department this term. I offered that I would be willing to create the subforums if made an Administrative assistant temporarily. The response I have received on IRC is "Why must this be done now". Frankly that's not good enough, in my opinion. I don't want this request in particular to be delayed until some undefined point in the future.

I'm aware that admin applications are open currently. However, I would like to know the status of some of these outstanding requests from up to 3 weeks ago, that were acknowledged at some point.

McMasterdonia
Delegate of The North Pacific

I would like to have an opportunity to discuss this with flemingovia first at least.

As a note on the auto pm on registration. I have tested this in TSP and Osiris is currently using the exact same script. As for the formatting of the telegram it all needs to be placed on one line with /n at each line break or it will not work. You may want to test it out on the test forums before it goes live as the formatting can get a little tricky to come out exactly the way you want it.

Flemingovia already stated his opinon on the matter in the admin requests thread. Said he would do the work or was happy for me to do it, with root admin approval. A glance at the admin requests thread would confirm here will confirm that.
http://forum.thenorthpacific.org/single/?p=8082229&t=6917173
http://forum.thenorthpacific.org/single/?p=8082521&t=6917173
http://forum.thenorthpacific.org/single/?p=8082555&t=6917173
He seems to support it.

As to it's safety, thats fine. As long as it has not been forgotten.

Having discussed the merits and consequences of the request with flemingovia I'm happy to implement it at the first opportunity.

Embassy Row is now populated with embassy subfora. I request that the government take the appropriate actions so that Consulates and Embassy Applications can be archived, and relocate our embassy topics to their new locations.

Cheers.

Note: I have found that I forgot to add in the regions we don't have an onsite embassy with. I am aware of Europeia and Normandy on that list. Please feel free to note other overlooked embassies in this topic.

I will try to get to them this afternoon.

Embassy sections created for Europeia, Region Inc, United Kingdom, Unknown, the FRA, Kantrias, and Normandy. Please note any other oversights here.

I reiterate my plea to the government to clear the Consulates and Applications areas for removal or archiving.

It will be done.

Embassy's take weeks to be done... then such a small time frame is expected to move everything else. There is a word for that.

I'll have it done today.

Embassy Applications I cannot archive, I apparently do not have global moderator over those forums. However, wouldn't this subforum remain for future applications?

Consulates have been archived.

I've also closed the old threads, to encourage new ones for update.

Well done on the area, it looks fantastic.

Back