-
-
Pronouns
he/him/his
TNP Nation
Zemnaya Svoboda
Discord
Eluvatar#8517
The North Pacific offsite forum has been experiencing a shortage of active administrators of late. To explore options to correct this, I'm asking members interested in helping to prepare themselves to apply. Application instructions are at the bottom.

If you are interested, please consider the following questions:

Have you been an administrator of any web forum before? If so, where, for how long, and with what results?

How do you think others would describe your temperament? Your trustworthiness?

Do you know how to program? Do you know HTML, CSS, or JavaScript?

Do you understand IP addresses? DNS?

Have you ever moderated in TNP before? Been moderated? How do you think others saw things?

Do you think you can be around consistently and carry out administrative duties?

Hersfold:
First off, my apologies to those who have already tried to apply for the Admin position. Unfortunately, many of these applications were conducted via the PM system on s2, and I still have not gotten access to my inbox yet.

SO... Who wants to be an Administrator?

I am currently accepting applications from all TNP members to become an Administrator of this forum. Before you apply, there are many things you MUST know about this job:

You MUST be willing to fulfill your duties. An inactive Administrator is about as useful as an expired credit card. You're there, but you're not doing anything useful other than taking up space. If you apply and end up getting the job, you must show that you are doing your job, or you will be replaced by someone who will.

You MUST be able to make unbiased moderation calls. As an Administrator, your word will be final in all moderation cases. You must be able to judge if a post is illegal or not without being influenced by the person posting it. This is a big issue... TNP is quite frankly the most violent region - or group of people at all - that I have ever seen. There will be arguments, and they will have to be dealt with when they get out of hand.

Most importantly, you MUST carry the trust of the region. Many of the problems we have had in the past have had to do with leadership that nobody really trusted to do their job. As an Admin, you will be a target. If people do not trust you to be fair and just, they will tear you down, and this forum, like the one we most recently left behind, will also cease to function. I can only hope that such an event does not happen again.

So, if you believe that you can meet all of these criteria, here is what you must do:

Send me a PM in the following format:

I wish to apply to be an Administrator.

Do you have any experience in Forum Administration? With Invisionfree in particular?

(your response)

Opinions for the Administration aside, what are your opinions on how s2 was run? Do you have any ideas for improvement?

(your response)

A members posts something which is blatantly in violation of Invisionfree's Terms of Service/Use. Nobody has reported the post, or even seems offended by it. As an Administrator, what would you do, and why?

(your response)

What level of trust do you feel you have in the forum community? Don't worry about sounding vain, but please be honest as well.

(your response)

I [do/do not] give permission for this PM to be shared with other people as needed to select an Administrator.

These interviews may be shared among past Administrators for their opinions, providing that they agree to do so and that the applicant grants permission to share their responses. Refusing to share your responses will in no way affect your candidacy for Admin.

I will only be accepting applications through Friday, and hope to have a decision made by Saturday, although we'll see how that works out. Good luck to all who apply, and thanks for volunteering.
(here)

Do not apply publicly

Apply by starting a topic in this special forum which addresses the above questions in no more than 2000 words.

(You will not be able to see the application topics of others in that forum, nor will others besides the admin team + mcmasterdonia be able to see yours).

Please feel free to ask questions in this topic.

[staff]If you are Grosseschnauzer or flemingovia and you think this topic is premature, please move it to Admin discussion.[/staff]

Have you been an administrator of any web forum before? If so, where, for how long, and with what results?
I've been banned by admins before. Does that count?

Mary Poppins is a selfish tramp compared to me.

Do you know how to program?
I installed SimCity on my computer...that's a program.

Do you know HTML, CSS, or JavaScript?
I've never met them.

I have a GPS so no need for directions.

Have you ever moderated in TNP before? Been moderated? How do you think others saw things?
I'm the soul of courtesy.

Do you think you can be around consistently and carry out administrative duties?
I'll follow the example set by my predecessors.

New Kervoskia:
I've been banned by admins before. Does that count?

Mary Poppins is a selfish tramp compared to me.

Do you know how to program?
I installed SimCity on my computer...that's a program.

Do you know HTML, CSS, or JavaScript?
I've never met them.

I have a GPS so no need for directions.

I'm the soul of courtesy.

I'll follow the example set by my predecessors.

And here we have an example of what not to do. PM me if you have questions about this process...

Back