Possbility for Administration Team Enlargement?

mcmasterdonia:
Global Moderators on this forum can do little more than approve topics, close/pin topics and monitor threads for arguments. They have no access to Admin CP. More of them won't solve the issue. Unless the abilities they have are reassessed.
To be fair, amending them won't do much - there is only so much you can give someone without giving them admin. You can give limited admin CP access, but I'm not sure if that would help the situation.

Personally, I think the admin team should be large enough to allow an admin to pursue a government position without leaving the administration understaffed. On #tnp, Flemingovia cited admin responsibilities as the reason he is not pursuing a second term as speaker. In my eyes, that is completely unacceptable. It's all well and good that the forum administration is separate from the governance of the region - I support that. But a point has been reached at which the burden placed on active administrators is preventing them from serving in the regional government. At least, from doing so in good conscience.

As it stands, one cannot be a good administrator and a good government official. That needs to be rectified, one way or another.

I am very against voting in admins. It's got to be a matter of trust, not popularity.

I do question why we need admins if they're not going to use their access. If they aren't active, they can be removed and easily reinstated if they come back to active duty. I'm pretty sure GBM has said she doesn't use her admin access at all. And perhaps Ator People could be asked if he plans to be active?

It seems like most of the hassle is coming from RA applications. I wonder if there's a way to create a script that could have a username plugged in, it would access admincp and check for a match. Then the person that needs to do that could get a password (that could be changed when duties change) and do their job without having to bug admins or be given the ability to view IP addresses. I have no idea if this is possible, but there's my wish. :)
(Elu make it happen! :bunny: )

I get the impression we aren't going to see any changes to the admin team. Some nice suggestions though.

Back