The University of The North Pacific

mcmasterdonia

Just like a queef in the wind, so is life
-
-
-
TNP Nation
McMasterdonia
As noted in my first campaign for Delegate, I believe that TNP would be well served with it's own University. I would like to announce that the government will be seeking to re-establish the North Pacific University.

As with most things of this magnitude we will not seek to include it into law at this time, nor will we seek to put too many rules around it. By keeping it Organic, we will allow it to grow and form based on the communities needs and not on a lengthy legal document.

I should note quite clearly that this University is to be used as a platform for discussion

- Regular discussions of ongoing real live events of political, economical, scientific (whatever nature)
- Other academic discussions of interest - history etc
- It will Allow for the sharing of works. People can share research papers or their opinions on a given area that interests them freely and without restrictions
- Organizing guest lecturers to give lectures at the university, this could include non-citizen guests, foreign envoys, or our own citizens

The University could also work on developing a legal exam, or other educational documents for diplomacy, and any other relevant aspect.

Other ideas to be considered at a later date, would be the maintenance of the TNP wiki. This will also allow the historians amongst us to get together and work on developing a clear timeline of TNP history. Also given that a lot of the newer members are interested in the various coups/governments TNP has had, it will provide an opportunity for them to learn about it.

The first Dean of the University will be DRUK. I believe that he has the interest, activity levels, and ability to help build the university up as an important part of The North Pacific.

I have had some discussions with the admins on it's location. My preference would be a top level forum in Magicality City. There has been some objections to this.

Regardless the success or failure of this University is not just on myself or the Dean, but on the community. Take part in the discussions, be prepared to get involved, and it shall succeed.

I am very interested in seeing this grow and would love to be involved in the university. Especially anything to do with history. :)

I think this will good for growth. Congrats DRUK

Good to see the University back! I had compiled several resources back in the day when we tried this before, so let me know if they may be of use. Provided work doesn't get too crazy, I may be able to help out.

Thank you everyone for showing fervent interest towards the refounding of TNPU. We have long strived to elevate our culture to its level of superiority, and I believe the re-establishment of TNPU is a major step towards such goal.

I will definitely remember Ator People and other who show support for our grand institution. Let us make this place rich once again. Thank you. :)

Fantastic! I still think VC was better but hey ;) I'm sure you made the right call McMasterdonia.

DRUK - If you need any assistance please ask and I will help however I can

Glad to hear that everyone is enthusiastic about this! It will be good to have you all involved in it.

I will contact an Admin immediately and get the forums ready to go.

If there's anyway I can help get this going, let me know: either as an admin or just in general with resources for the university.

Back