Official Policy

punk d

TNPer
-
-
The ruling on exculpatory evidence is taking a bit longer than anticipated. Also sadly the player behind the attorney general made a major gaffe this week in his statistics class and thought the final was next week. Having bombed said final, he has scrambled all weak to plead, beg, and entice his professor to allow him to do as much extra credit as possible to get a B. Court cases here were not his priority so the recess was not discourage. Still mired in the pleading, begging, and enticing with said professor the player behind the Attorney General's office has decided to issue the following proclamation:

Attorney General's Official Policy on Exculpatory Evidence

Whereas exculpatory evidence is defined as evidence favorable to the defendant in a criminal trial, which clears or tends to clear the defendant of guilt.

Whereas the laws of the North Pacific do not explicitly call upon the Attorney General's Office to disclose exculpatory evidence.

Whereas the The North Pacific's Office of Attorney General seeks to pursue justice and try defendants in a fair, impartial, and in a manner that upholds Justice.

Hereby declares that all exculpatory evidence discovered by the Office of Attorney General shall be shared with defense counsel as of December 18, 2012.

This policy shall not carry the force of law and if subsequent rulings or laws overturn this policy, the Office of Attorney General shall not be subject to the stipulations outlined above.

The player behind the AG would like to note that the date used is there because the player behind the AG has one last final on December 17 for which he must study like a madman this weekend. End comments by player behind the AG.

To my fellow North Pacific residents, I have issued this policy statement today because when you elected me AG I said I wanted to bring back some common sense and legitimize our judicial function. Unfortunately, waiting for the ruling by the justices on exculpatory evidence is taking longer than most anticipated. That does happen but it's slowing the process and I felt it better for the AG's office to take a proactive step towards upholding justice. This office in lieu of a ruling or law change shall present exculpatory evidence to defense if ever found beginning on December 18. We look forward to prosecuting cases and defending the laws of The North Pacific in a manner that upholds the standards of justice established in our Bill of Rights.

Back