Proposal to add a 6th rule to RA Procedure.

I am proposing this omnibus bill to amend the RA procedure on introductions and calls for votes, as well as to officially codify it as a RA procedure rule. I feel that after all of this arguing over the legality of motions to table, it needs to be addressed. Also, I feel it should be added as an RA procedure rule because in that way it will be there permanently.

Proposed Amendments:
1. Any member may introduce a proposal to exercise a power of the Assembly by creating a thread in or making a post in a related thread in the Meeting Chambers or Private Halls subforums.

2. If a proposal has associated text, the opening post of the thread will contain it in a single quote tag. The member who introduced the proposal may alter this text at their discretion.

3. Any member may call for a vote by posting “motion to vote”, "motion for a vote", "call to vote", "call for a vote" or similar in the thread. Any other member may second such a motion by posting “second” or similar in the thread.

4. Any member may move to table a motion (tabling defined as suspension of consideration of a motion). Any other member may second such a motion by posting "second" or similar in the thread

5. If a motion is seconded, a vote will be opened. If the proposal has associated text, the vote will be held on the text at the time of the second.

6. Members may vote “aye”, “nay” or “abstain” or similar. Any member may change their vote before the end of voting by making a new post.

As a note - this was already discussed here. And the wording King has used actually looks clearer from my brief skim although many seem to have been against it.

Back