Mass Messaging on the TNP Forums

Hiya,

So I was sending out private messages to Unity Party members on the TNP Forums. While doing so, I noticed that it is not possible for me to send a private message to multiple people at the same time for some reason.

Is there a reason that this is happening? Or is this a technical matter that wasn't deemed important to work on? I would just like to know, because it would be easier sending one message to multiple people at once, rather than having to send a message multiple times.

It's been on the back burner for a while. Thanks for reminding me, I'll look into it again sometime in the next few days.

Can I request that this ability be restricted to certain groups?
Admins, global moderators, great.

Random "vote for me" spam? No thank you. Quite frankly I have no desire to receive any election mass messages aside from announcing they are starting.

Former English Colony:
Can I request that this ability be restricted to certain groups?
Admins, global moderators, great.

Random "vote for me" spam? No thank you. Quite frankly I have no desire to receive any election mass messages aside from announcing they are starting.
Restricting it would defeat the whole purpose of why I brought it up. When I need to send a PM to a group of people in the same RP or the members of a party, I don't want to have to sit there and type in one username after another. I would rather copy and paste a list, and send one PM at a single time. I understand your concern about the possible spam, but by restricting it to the top, that doesn't help those who also need to use it.

I sympathize with your rationale and I have a suggestion. Perhaps we should have a thread that allows us to report spam messages and make rules limiting the usage of mass messaging to prevent spam.

Eluvatar:
There's a "report" button whenever you receive a PM. A Reporting thread would be inadvisable.
Oh well um... I totally remembered that... :pinch:

I see no reason for mass messaging to be restricted for the regular folk, right?

Back