-
-
Pronouns
she/her
TNP Nation
Former English Colony
Discord
Erastide
Since I'm temporarily delegate, I thought it would be nice to get TNP's vote in.
Description: WA General Assembly Resolution #10: Nuclear Arms Possession Act (Category: International Security; Strength: Mild) shall be struck out and rendered null and void.

Argument: ACKNOWLEDGING that the World Assembly is not a military alliance nor in any other way a community of common defense,

BELIEVING that non-WA members do not as a general rule or of necessity pose a threat to WA members, and that the World Assembly's mission of peace requires fostering good relations with them with a view to expanding the Assembly's membership,

RECOGNIZING that expressly allowing an action or policy is unnecessary where it was not forbidden in the first place,

NOTICING that repealing this resolution will therefore neither change the status quo in regard to nuclear weapons possession, nor infringe on any WA member's right to the same,

REPEALS the "Nuclear Arms Possession Act".
Votes:
For: 1
Against: 5

The Commonwealth is firmly under the impression that the original legislation was meant as a blocker. While the Commonwealth condemns the use of thermonuclear weapons, it recognizes that some nations consider it a necessity.

The Commonwealth of Scandigrad therefore has voted AGAINST on the measure.

We have not voted elsewhere. TNP now, TNP forever.

Against.
TNP only

Thank you so much to Tim for reinstating this, and to FEC for initiating this thread on his behalf.
I notice that FEC has already voted, so I assume Tim has already communicated his wishes! You guys are fast!
I wonder what Tim's voting policy will be...

Chasmanthe:
Do we not have discussion threads for WA resolution proposals and repeal proposals? We should have them.
With WA voting matters it is appropriate to discuss/debate them in the voting thread.

Voting on this resolution has ended.

Thanks to those nations who cast their votes. Your participation is a great help to the region.

This topic has been locked and sent to the Archives for safekeeping. If you would like this topic to be re-opened for further discussion, please contact the WA Delegate, a Global Moderator, or an Administrator for assistance. Thank you.

Back