Endorsement level updates

punk d

TNPer
-
-
I'd like to make a formal proposal to the SC that you update us with endorsement levels on a periodic basis. By us, I mean the RA.

Periodic can be negotiated but my thinking is no less than once per month.

There is/was a board page that had all of the SC's endorsement levels as well as the Delegate and Vice Delegate. I seem to have misplaced the URL of it though.

I like this, but I'd like to see endo levels of non-SC members too. Maybe any nation above 100 endorsements. But the linked page looks pretty.

My first thoughts are, who is yaorozu (231 endos), selfgradatude (192) and god_n_country_n_byron (176)?

Yaorozu has a lot of influence and is actively endo-tarting. He's sixth behind Erastide (current delegate).

Precisely why we need a periodic endo update for all nations with endorsements above 100. Part of me thinks it should be those nations who have more than 100 endos given, but I don't want to get too fancy seeing as I can't code worth a dime.

unibot:
My first thoughts are, who is yaorozu (231 endos), selfgradatude (192) and god_n_country_n_byron (176)?
Groovistan, Kingborough, Ehlnar and Myself are also in the range you just mentioned.

Yaorozu is an extremely long term resident who has expressed no interest in either the delegacy nor the government itself. I'm surprised you didn't mention me, Unibot, as I am a good 30 endorsements above Yaorozu.

Blue Wolf II:
Yaorozu is an extremely long term resident who has expressed no interest in either the delegacy nor the government itself. I'm surprised you didn't mention me, Unibot, as I am a good 30 endorsements above Yaorozu.
Okay, BWII. He's still tarting though.. regardless of if he says he has no interest or not.

Yaorozu is doing what he's been doing consistently for almost two years now. I talked with him regularly when I was last delegate and he does whatever you ask of him. He simply endorses new WA nations when they appear in the region, no telegram, no agenda, a simple no-strings-attached endorsement on his part. GBM is right (who could doubt her?), this guy is fine.

There are different ways to play this game. In TNP he has a right to endorse as many nations as he pleases, and to gain as much influence as he can. And I will defend his right to do so.

In the past, when we have had a crisis of leadership and his endorsements were too close to the top, I have called it to his attention and he has laid off until we sort ourselves out. He really does not want to be delegate.

I thought endo-tarting is when you telegram nations to ask for their endorsement, and endorsing other nations in the hope they'll endorse back is merely endo-swapping.

This request has been noted in my currently reasonably short NS todo list.

Edit: The sc-alerts page has been updated to refer to Tim as the legal Delegate and Great Bights Mum as legal Vice Delegate. Former English Colony and I are shown in red:
TNP Law C5.6-8:
6. The maximum level is defined as 20 fewer endorsements than the serving Delegate's endorsement count, or eighty-five percent of said count, whichever is greatest.
7. Where the computation results in fractions, the count shall be rounded down.
8. The required range is to be applied in a reasonable manner, taking into account such factors as transitions between elected Delegates, the recall of a Delegate, or periods of Delegate inactivity.

I am confident that under (8), Former English Colony and I are fine for now. However, if Great Bights Mum should find otherwise and Warn us...

TNP Law C5.10:
10. If any Council member does not have the required influence level, or exceeds or does not meet the required endorsement level, the Vice Delegate will warn them. If the Council member does not come into compliance within at least fifteen days of the warning, the Vice Delegate will suspend them.

Chasmanthe:
I thought endo-tarting is when you telegram nations to ask for their endorsement, and endorsing other nations in the hope they'll endorse back is merely endo-swapping.
Then I'm endo-swapper, but I began endorsing anyone to use the possible withdrawal as a sign of disagreement, and not necessarily to be endorsed back. When I was WA member in other regions I used to do that if not capped. In fact I've TGed more nations to make them notice my disgust and withdrawal than to ask for an endo.

My theory of endorsement reciprocity appears to be correct (about 30% endos returned for those given average under any endorsement swapping scheme). :P

http://forum.thenorthpacific.org/pages/sc-alerts/

^ Now shows the top 15 based on the top 25s of the previously noted json.

The list it's working with is shown here:

http://jsonviewer.stack.hu/#http://www.thenorthpacific.org/region_info.json

While that has 27 nations under "top", there is no guarantee that they are indeed the top 27 most endorsed nations. The first 15 of them are almost certain to be the top 15 however, as it takes time to break into there. I intend to update top_25.json twice a day.

Are there any suggestions as to how it should determine which of the 27 to show? Perhaps I should just add a "show all" button to display the rest...

Could have an additional category specifically for nations above 200 endos.

It would be interesting to find a way to tabulate a nations percentage of endorsement changes over a given period of time (say 24 hours and one week).

There is a show all button, and the table is sortable. Also, the top nations table colors the nation links by status: delegate, vice delegate, security council, delegate emeritus, vice delegate emeritus, north pacific army, regional assembly, or other.

Chasmanthe:
This is a great improvement!

Also, I'm still technically NPA and my WA nation is Iridaceae which isn't in grey.
I think the same, a great tool.

And also, Ehlnar is RA member, in case you want to update the coloring or something.

Thanks for working on this.

This thread has been declassified for public viewing by the Vice Delegate. If you have any questions, please contact the Vice Delegate for more information.

Back