I'd like to proposed the following line of succession proposal:
Great Bights Mum
Former English Colony
Pasargad
Eluvatar (Zemnaya Svoboda)
Blackshear
Grosseschnauzer
Romanoffia
Bold indicates the addition. The reason why I think we should adopt this line of succession is I think it's wrong that FEC isn't in the Line of Succession, she's one of the most influential nations in the region, has served as our delegate in the past and currently has one of the highest endorsement counts in the region and has put a lot of effort into keeping her endorsements high.

If I am admitted to the SC, we're legally mandated to vote on the Line of Succession yet again. Since it seems like that vote is passing, this seems redundant.

Hell, one order is as good as another order of succession. But it all comes down to practicality - the order of the highest number of endorsements...or until the chaos subsides and every one shuffles endos.

I believe the reason Former English Colony is not in the line of succession is because she does not hold RA membership and therefore cannot be Vice Delegate or Delegate.

Kingborough:
I believe the reason Former English Colony is not in the line of succession is because she does not hold RA membership and therefore cannot be Vice Delegate or Delegate.
Even though the constitution does not state that as a requirement as far as I can tell.

Jamie:
Kingborough:
Even though the constitution does not state that as a requirement as far as I can tell.
It does in Article 6.1 as quoted below.

Article 6.1 of the Constitution:
All government officials must maintain membership in the Regional Assembly. Candidates in any election must maintain membership in the Regional Assembly for the fifteen days before the opening of nominations.

I believe Roman is right, the succession line is silly.. it all comes down to practicality: who has the most endorsements.

Jamie:
I'd like to proposed the following line of succession proposal:
Great Bights Mum
Former English Colony
Pasargad
Eluvatar (Zemnaya Svoboda)
Blackshear
Grosseschnauzer
Romanoffia
Bold indicates the addition. The reason why I think we should adopt this line of succession is I think it's wrong that FEC isn't in the Line of Succession, she's one of the most influential nations in the region, has served as our delegate in the past and currently has one of the highest endorsement counts in the region and has put a lot of effort into keeping her endorsements high.
this suggetion is too unimaginative. I suggest we look beyond the Security Council and adopt the following

• Flemingovia
  • Flemingovia
  • Flemingovia
  • Flemingovia
  • Flemingovia
  • Flemingovia
  • Flemingovia
  • Flemingovia
  • Flemingovia

Hileville:
Jamie:
Kingborough:

All government officials must maintain membership in the Regional Assembly. Candidates in any election must maintain membership in the Regional Assembly for the fifteen days before the opening of nominations.
FEC was exempted from the RA requirement for SC membership via a vote of the RA.

mcmasterdonia:
Hileville:
Jamie:
Kingborough:

FEC was exempted from the RA requirement for SC membership via a vote of the RA.
I was speaking about the requirement to be Delegate.

Hileville:
mcmasterdonia:
Hileville:
Jamie:
Kingborough:

But FEC is not Delegate, just a SC member who obtained more endorsements that the legal Delegate ;) My only thought is, should the SC informed the RA that a SC member other than Tim was going to take the Delegate seat temporarily (so that the WFE and WA voting could be maintained)?

Lord Byron:
Hileville:
mcmasterdonia:
Hileville:
Jamie:
Kingborough:

But FEC is not Delegate, just a SC member who obtained more endorsements that the legal Delegate ;) My only thought is, should the SC informed the RA that a SC member other than Tim was going to take the Delegate seat temporarily (so that the WFE and WA voting could be maintained)?
No. It is the SC's job to do just that and aid in a transition in the event the Delegate is removed. The quoted section of the Constitution was in response to Jamie's post of their not being a requirement to have RA membership to be Delegate.

methinks it might be better just to clause FEC in while Tim gets endorsed? Or elect her as interim? or just screw the whole thing and invade TWP if something goes wrong?

Actually, that line looks good. I'd be less worried about endorsements, which can be gained - and more worried about influence - which FEC has and to spare. Only GBM beats her.

~B

So, at what point is it revealed that FEC was behind the telegram campaigns and that it was all a master plan of hers to seize the delegacy?

Blue Wolf II:
If I am admitted to the SC, we're legally mandated to vote on the Line of Succession yet again. Since it seems like that vote is passing, this seems redundant.
Constitution:
5. The Regional Assembly may establish a line of succession beyond the Vice Delegate among the members of the Security Council by a majority vote. If a new member is admitted to the Security Council, they will be added at the end of the current line of succession. If a member is removed from the Security Council, they will be removed from the line of succession.

Back