Formal Proposal to Censure the Vice Delegate

In light of this military security issue, and Vice Delegate Tim's refusal to be open and transparent about who is leaking information from the NPA, I suggest (Not move to a vote) a censure of the Vice Delegate. I find it dissappointing that someone in such a high office would act in such a low manner that they would not share vital regional security information with the Minister Defense. I am not convinced at this point that it is worthy of a recall, yet legislative action, I feel, is required in this situation.

I'm opposed, as I'm not convinced that there was a "leak."

While not a member of the NPA, Tim is the Vice Delegate of The North Pacific. I think it's debatable whether or not sharing information with him constitutes a security breach given that he holds the second highest office in the region, is responsible for overseeing regional security (as Chair of the Security Council) and the Delegate was absent at the time. Additionally, we have no idea how forthcoming Tim has or hasn't been in regard to this matter because none of us were present during the transfer of this information.

What you are proposing is censure for something that wasn't illegal, that may not even have been inappropriate in light of the office Tim holds and that we can't even be certain that he did given that he now says he doesn't know who the source of this information was. I don't believe the Regional Assembly should censure its members or the region's executive officers based on speculation and biases related to their other regional or organizational affiliations.

I motion to table this proposal until someone can actually prove wrongdoing on the part of the Vice Delegate.

In the American sense of the term censure, a censure does not have to be on the grounds of anything illegal. Additionally, the fact that he is a Senior Merryman in the UDL, and the information was leaked to the UDL would give the perfect motive for withholding information from the Minister of Defense.

Funkadelia:
In the American sense of the term censure, a censure does not have to be on the grounds of anything illegal. Additionally, the fact that he is a Senior Merryman in the UDL, and the information was leaked to the UDL would give the perfect motive for withholding information from the Minister of Defense.
And that's exactly what I mean by "biases related to their other regional or organizational affiliations." There is absolutely no evidence that this information was leaked to the UDL, and in fact every other UDL member to whom I've spoken who has heard about this has said they never even saw the logs. The fact that Tim is a Lieutenant -- not a Senior Merryman -- in the UDL is completely irrelevant to this, and yet you bring it up because... why, exactly? No one involved in that operation was even involved in their capacity as a UDL member, so perhaps you should instead focus your witch hunt on (for example) the Medjai Guard of Osiris or The South Pacific Army.

You are correct that a censure doesn't have to be based on illegal grounds. For that matter, in The North Pacific neither does a recall. Yet what I am saying is that a censure -- and certainly a recall -- should be based on some grounds, and what you have here are not legitimate grounds for censure but a witch hunt filled to the brim with speculation and regionalist bias related to the Vice Delegate's other regional and organizational affiliations. I hope the Regional Assembly will not find this witch hunt to be sufficient grounds to take any action whatsoever.

[Speaker hat on] The motion to table has been denied, you yourself said in another thread it has no legal basis. Sorry.

Kingborough:
[Speaker hat on] The motion to table has been denied, you yourself said in another thread it has no legal basis. Sorry.
It has no legal basis in recalls. It's used frequently on other RA proposals.

I find it strange - almost hilarious in fact that this is being described as a witch hunt.
When apparently the thread about me allegedly conspiring against the elected government and using the NPA as a political football is perfectly acceptable, and was necessary to the good governance of our region.
Nothing like being consistent.

I would also say that due to the Forum policy on IRC logs it is quite hard to prove anything.
Lets face it, this is a part of a democratic system. If we go down the path of describing it as a "witch hunt" because we don't agree with it, then I would describe the Kingborough recall, the Eluvatar recall and every other recall or similar motion in the Regional Assembly to be a witch hunt. We might as well remove any provision of accountability from our system, out of fear it could be blasted as a witch hunt.

As I have said many times, the conversation I had with Tim included that this was received UDL side, and that the source was confidential. That is what is contained in the logs of the conversation we had at the time. Tim will no doubt confirm this. What appears to be the case now is that there was a miscommunication between Tim and I.
It became a far bigger spectacle than it needed to be. I've moved on from this, and I think Tim has a well. There will certainly be better communication between us in such matters. The NPA will also be improving it's own internal procedures, and I hope that such a matter will not be dealt with in the same way in future. This matter should be put to rest. Lets focus on the now. Just my two cents worth.

Funkadelia:
In light of this military security issue, and Vice Delegate Tim's refusal to be open and transparent about who is leaking information from the NPA, I suggest (Not move to a vote) a censure of the Vice Delegate. I find it dissappointing that someone in such a high office would act in such a low manner that they would not share vital regional security information with the Minister Defense. I am not convinced at this point that it is worthy of a recall, yet legislative action, I feel, is required in this situation.
First of all, I would like to know exactly what information is being "leaked" and to what extent.
Before making a rash decision to censure the Vice Delegate, he should be questioned why the "vital regional security" information is being withheld from the RA, and the extent to which Tim is affiliated with the "leak" should be examined.

I seriously do not know, if this issue can be considered to a serious extent. We know Tim a great deal.

Back