Where are the admins?

Hileville

TNPer
TNP Nation
Hileville
Discord
Dennrick#0489
There are requests that are several days old now in the admin request thread and require and admin to handle. I have not seen any posts by Grosse since October 16, Altor since August even though he was on recently. Flem is the only one who is around. GBM at least announced she was going to be away. This is unacceptable.

If you are going to be gone please give advanced notice. It is very difficult for ONE person to try and complete all of the admin duties of a forum of this size especially since that one person has been criticized for establishing new forums.

Apart from a name change request, the only outstanding action I can see is a request for the creation of a subforum area. This is an area of forum administration that I will not get involved in, since I was informed on 26th March that if I abuse my admin powers in that respect I will be stripped of my admin mask. Since I do not know what constitutes an abuse, it is safer for me just not to get involved in forum organisation without direct authorisation from the root admin.

Sorry for the inconvenience that causes, but I need to play it safe.

I entirely agree with you on the need for another active admin. I made request for the creation of another admin on 9th September. In response to this McM was created a global moderator, which was a good move, but does not really address the administration problems.

I agree with Hileville. There were admin requests prior to a few days ago that were several days old, most of which have now been addressed, though the subforum issue remains. I do think it is now clear that another admin is needed who would be able to be active.

flemingovia:
Apart from a name change request, the only outstanding action I can see is a request for the creation of a subforum area. This is an area of forum administration that I will not get involved in, since I was informed on 26th March that if I abuse my admin powers in that respect I will be stripped of my admin mask. Since I do not know what constitutes an abuse, it is safer for me just not to get involved in forum organisation without direct authorisation from the root admin.

Sorry for the inconvenience that causes, but I need to play it safe.

I entirely agree with you on the need for another active admin. I made request for the creation of another admin on 9th September. In response to this McM was created a global moderator, which was a good move, but does not really address the administration problems.
There is also an issue with the laws page where rule 5 links to rule 4. I understand you won't get involved in creating forums and understand that. This really wasn't meant for you as much as the other admins.

I have been having computer access problems this week that are my ISP's control and not mine, and I have no idea how long that will continue. I'm also having all sorts of issues with electronics that are the result of a building problem with pest control involving a heating treatment. (It's gotten my printer, and fried my backup hard drive, not to mention other things.)

I also have some issues that require that I travel around town, and there's only so much of that I can handle in a day. Y'all have no idea what it's like when you cannot hear on a telephone.

That's just the way it is. I have been checking in daily for any emergencies, but the last two days I wasn't able to access this site. Have no idea why. I expect I'll be able to not run around town tomorrow, and we'll see how the connection is then.
Any problems with the laws page have to involve Elu, since it's his coding, and I am not a code person. I was under the impression the link problem on that page was fixed, as I recall Elu giving me the copy and paste for that coding problem.

And Flem, you're interpreting things the way you want to interpret things. You've set up other subforums since March as I recall, so don't use me as your cop-out.

And Flem, you're interpreting things the way you want to interpret things. You've set up other subforums since March as I recall, so don't use me as your cop-out.

you know, a little "thank you for holding the fort single handedly since 8th October" would not have gone amiss.

Back