NS World Fair 2012

unibot

TNPer
Greetings,

As we all know, the tenth anniversary of the greatest game OF ALL TIME, is upon us. To honour this great occasion, myself and Todd McCloud are going to be running The 2012 NationStates World Fair. The event will take place on a neutral forum made especially for the event.

The World Fair will run from Nov. 10 to Nov 13.

One of the main features of the World Fair will be the regional or organizational venues. A venue will simply be a sub-forum dedicated to a participating region or organization. In the venue, you may host forum games, debates, discussions, lectures – participatory and informative threads are encouraged. A neat thing venues can do is also give away “promotional” items, like images for visitors to put in people’s signatures as prizes and a catchy way to attract people to your venue. The point of the venue is to “show off” the cultural value of your region or organization to onlookers.

Also, in Auditorium One, there will be lectures from some of the most influential players in NationStates History. In Auditorium Two, a re-drafting of the The Convention on Off Site Property Security (C.O.P.S) will occur between all willing parties, and Auditorium Three will feature a world class role-played association-football event.

Other Auditorium events are still in the works at this time.

There will also be a food court, for spam games and general discussion. In addition to a Press Room: a sub-forum for national role-played media as well as gameplay media relevant to the coverage of this historic event.

Also in the works is a series of NationStates war games of sorts, both gameplay and roleplay.

IF YOUR REGION OR ORGANIZATION WISHES TO APPLY FOR A VENUE, please send Unibot III (via telegram) a message explaining that your region or organization will attend the event and would like a venue. Please inform me before Nov. 08.

Yours,
Uni.

Democratic Donkeys:
I'm honestly curious why you feel that way? I don't really know Unibot, seems like a nice enough person to me... :unsure:
I've seen how in some military operations, and other areas here, where if he's not in charge of something or something else doesn't go one way, his temper tantrums rival mine :P

I for one think this is a wonderful thing :)

If the region wouldn't mind, I'd like to open TNP a stand?

I have gotten word that your region would like a venue in the NS World Fair.

Here are the relevant instructions:

You will be allowed two days to set up your region’s venues before the event begins on Nov. 10. This means the forum will be semi-public for organizers to create threads for their venue.

If you’re just one of those folks that is going to show up as a participant, the rest of this letter does not concern you (see you on Nov. 10!) – the forum will be made very public on Nov. 10. However, if you’re going to be helping out to create your region’s venue as a venue organizer, the rest of this letter does concern you – since we’re trying to keep the forum somewhat under-wraps as a surprise for Nov. 10.

Each venue is a Zetaboards subforum for which you can put whatever you want in to showcase your region – participatory threads are encouraged. You may distribute pictures for people to put in their signatures to show off they’ve been in your venue.

Some final very important notes:

1.Warning: until Nov. 10, we may still have admins on the staff like myself and Solm who are partisan defenders since we’re setting up the forum – so don’t send organizers who are concerned about their IP information. When the event starts, we will be removed from admin positions to ensure the site is neutral and a safe-haven for people involved in intel-gameplay.

2.Every region is allowed up to three organizers to set up threads before the site’s public release date; this is to keep the number of people joining more controlled.

3.Venue organizers are asked not to share the url of the forum with anyone but other organizers – feel free to brag to others though that you’re getting to see the badass forum and the others aren’t yet.

4.If your region has decided you are one of their venue organizers: to get the URL to the forum board, you need to telegram Unibot III and ask for the URL but also state what region you are representing ; I will then give you the board URL and also inform that region in this thread that you have received the URL (so that we can help us root out faux representatives together).

5.If you have any other questions telegram Unibot III if in doubt.

Yours,
Uni.

P.S., If you have a lot of experience in interregional politics and are interested in helping to run the C.O.P.S Re-Draft Convention, please contact me at Unibot III.

Back