Public Opinion Survey

I have started the Scandigrad Polling Agency in an attempt to gauge the satisfaction of the North Pacific with the current elected officials.

Eluvatar:
Because they elected in the distant future and not the recent past?
I would still be interested to see a poll for those two.

And yeah I'm not sure if people are voting no for Co5 for the same reason. Based on the other polls - it would suggest that it should be based on the job of the individual members within that collective.

I don't see why the Co5 shouldn't take collective responsibility for its conduct as a body. Though arguably I'd also consider the Delegate accountable for the actions of his cabinet.

One thing Scandigrad - maybe more poll options might be good? Allow for more gradient in response than just good / bad ?

Haor Chall:
One thing Scandigrad - maybe more poll options might be good? Allow for more gradient in response than just good / bad ?
This is the exact same way the presidential approval ratings are made, being a "yes" or "no" question. I intend to do it the same way.

The problem I have with having polls for the Judiciary is that they might be pressured into making a ruling that is wrong, but would increase their approval rating. Therefore, I do not want to put such pressure on the Judiciary for the sake of maintaining integrity within the court system.

Haor Chall:
I don't see why the Co5 shouldn't take collective responsibility for its conduct as a body. Though arguably I'd also consider the Delegate accountable for the actions of his cabinet.

I agree with this largely.

More what I meant was whether it was referring to the "council of five" as a way of doing things... aka people don't like it and would prefer delegate appointed ministers.... or that they don't like how the current council of five is doing things

Haor Chall:
"I don't see why the Co5 shouldn't take collective responsibility for its conduct as a body. Though arguably I'd also consider the Delegate accountable for the actions of his cabinet."
Because collectivism is inherently evil and merely a tool to distribute blame or concentrate credit?

Hold a group collectively responsible masks individual responsibility. Is a minority who goes against a bad decision to he held responsible for the actions of the majority who made that decision? Of course not. That's why any form of collective redistribution of guilt or responsibility is absurd.

We'll, I'd say the delegate holds some responsibility, but not nearly as much if he appointed his Cabinet.

The Delegate must be able to facilitate individual Cabinet portfolio agendas, but he cannot be judged by the content of each department.

I agree, Hem.

One of the problems of an elected cabinet is that the delegate's ability to control rivalries is greatly reduced; if the delegate Sh*t-cans an unruly elected minister, the political fallout might not be so good.

Hence, a true sign of effective leadership is the ability to control various rivalries and direct them in a constructive direction.

Back