TNP Nation
Zemnaya Svoboda
Discord
Eluvatar#8517
Category: Repeal
Resolution: SC#74
Proposed by: Jamie Anumia

Repeal "Condemn Lone Wolves United":
Description: WA Security Council Resolution #74: Condemn Lone Wolves United shall be struck out and rendered null and void.

Argument: The Security Council,

BELIEVING that the intentions behind the proposal were poor,

DISTURBED by the fact that the author of the resolution - Tim-Opolis was asked and encouraged the write the resolution by the founder of the region being condemned, Evil Wolf.

REALIZING that the definition of griefing is so vague as to include all forms of raiding, including those which do not cause any long term damage to a region and do not deserve condemnation by the Security Council,

NOTING that the proposal contains many problems such as inaccuracies, unsubstantiated and without elaboration in regards to the mentions of other raids, many of which didn't extend to the definition of griefing and that the author - Tim-Opolis was aware of factual inaccuracies and other issues but still chose to go ahead with the proposal anyway,

COGNIZANT that the raid on Gardeshia and the actions entailed within it are grossly overstated, had factual inaccuracies and was included presumably to enable an easier passage of the condemnation,

FINDING that although griefs are mentioned, and griefing is defined, aside from one overstated mention no griefs are mentioned in this resolution and the condemnation is pn a whole based on one particular operation by Lone Wolves United.

BELIEVING that the Security Council should not be a place for the kind of proverbial back patting and that was demonstrated with the passing of this resolution,

HEREBY REPEALS Security Council Resolution #74 Condemn Lone Wolves United.

Co-author: Mahaj WA Seat

For.

I agree that LWU is worthy of condemnation, but in the strange universe where Condemnations are really rewards I don't want to let them keep a Condemnation that they see as a medal of awesomeness.

Just as a note, the mods pulled this proposal, at my request. I'm not sure whether I will submit it or not again.

flemingovia:
For. LWU are an insignificant group, unworthy of SC attention.
And for that reason alone, they are to be condemned.

Then again, I make a point of not voting in WA resolutions because I have an even lower opinion of the WA (formerly UN) than Gates did. :P

Voting on this resolution has ended.

Thanks to those nations who cast their votes. Your participation is a great help to the region.

This topic has been locked and sent to the Archives for safekeeping. If you would like this topic to be re-opened for further discussion, please contact the WA Delegate, a Global Moderator, or an Administrator for assistance. Thank you.

Back