Belschaft

TNPer
-
TNP Nation
Altschaft
Discord
Belschaft
SchaftSchaftandSchaft2.png

From the Office of Belschaft, Attorney at Law, on the behalf of Mallorea and Riva

On the behalf of my client I am issuing a formal complaint about the actions of Prince Windsor, Deputy Minister of Communications in the current administration. Whilst on Internet Relay Chat this morning the individual in question harassed my client, demanding information relating to the current charges against him. Furthermore, whilst doing so he presented himself as an official of of the administration, whilst avoiding stating so directly. This behaviour was completely unacceptable, and constituted an attempted breach of my clients right to not be compelled to give witness against himself, albeit an unsuccessful one.

Secondly, I must note that said attempt was conducted without the presence of retained legal counsel. As a matter of courtesy we must request that any and all attempts to question my client be conducted in the presence of myself, or an other individual accorded that duty.

Finally, I must request the Attorney General issue a writ demanding that Prince Windsor hand over his own logs of said incident to myself and my client for our own examination.

Actually, flemingovia is correct. There are no legal provisions concerning the IRC channels and none have been formally designated in law as "the" official TNP channel. You are free to ask the Court if it wishes to set precedent in the matter, but I have no basis to issue a writ.
You may also complain to the Delegate, or the Minister of Communications on the Council of Five, as they are accountable to the Delegate.
If you do nor wish your client to communicate with persons in the TNP Government except through you, you might wish to instruct your client to act accordingly. There's nothing preventing such communications other than an instruction to the executive branch official involved from the Delegate or his designee.

You may also complain to the Delegate, or the Minister of Communications on the Council of Five, as they are accountable to the Delegate.
Noted. I posted here as this is where the Vice Delegate told me to complain, but I'll shoot over there instead and complain to Eluvatar.

If you do nor wish your client to communicate with persons in the TNP Government except through you, you might wish to instruct your client to act accordingly. There's nothing preventing such communications other than an instruction to the executive branch official involved from the Delegate or his designee.
I was referring to questioning my client on this specific issue, not talking to him general. Having invoked his right to legal counsel, it would be inappropriate for Mall to be interrogated without the presence of said counsel. He has also received my advice not to discuss matters relating to this without the presence of counsel.

Per notes received from the preceding AG, Abbey, the original complainant does not wish to pursue this matter further.

Case closed.

Back