Formal proposal - Adoption of a new regional anthem

Flemingovia

TNPer
-
-
Following a poll in THIS THREAD the will of the people is clearly that "Tradition" by Flemingovia and Blue Wolf be adopted as our regional anthem.

Who am I to go against the will of the people?

Therefore I propose that a clause be inserted into the new constitution specifying that "tradition" is our official regional anthem.

What say you?

PS, i think that to be included in the new constitution this only needs a simple majority. When the constitution is voted on it will need 66%.

For information:

[flash=300,250]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gRdfX7ut8gw[/flash]

(Blue Wolf)
"A fiddler on the roof. Sounds crazy, no? But in our little Region of The North Pacific, you might say every one of us is a fiddler on the roof, trying to play a pleasant, simple game without breaking the Constitution. It isn't easy. You may ask, why do we stay in TNP if it's so dangerous? We stay because TNP is our home... And how do we keep our balance? That I can tell you
in one word... Tradition."

(Chorus)
Tradition, tradition... tradition

(Blue Wolf)
"Because of our traditions, we've kept our balance for many, many years. Here in The North Pacific we have traditions for everything... how not to admit people to the Security Council, how to make trials last for months, how to make sure the delegate cannot do anything without permission. For instance, we always do whatever Grossescnauzer tells us to do... This shows our constant devotion to The Constitution. You may ask, how did this tradition start? I'll tell you - I don't know. But it's a tradition... Because of our traditions, everyone knows who he is and does what Grosse expects him to do."

(The Regional Asembly)
Who day and night
Must vote? It’s strange
Pass lots of laws
But nothing to change?
And who has the right
As the region’s sovereign body
To do what Grosseschnauzer tells us?

(All)
The Assembly the Assembly... tradition
The Assembly, the Assembly... tradition

(The Delegate)
Who must know the way to endortart
Not allow the region to fall?
Who must not make waves or change a thing
If I want to avoid a recall?

(All)
The Delegate, the Delegate... tradition

(Justices)
in 1892 we started a trial
it just never seemed to end
If you want swift justice then TNP
I would not recommend

(All)
The Justices, the Justices... tradition

(Admins)
And who watches over the forum
To mend and tend and guard?
And if anyone steps out of line
To make sure that they are barred?

(All)
The admins, the admins... tradition

(Gulliver)
"I need a security check!"

(All)
(Repeat as round)

(Assembly members)
The Assembly!

(SC Members)
The Security Council!

(Justices)
The Justices!

(Admins)
The Admins!

(All)
Tradition

(Blue Wolf)
"And in the circle of our little Region, we have always had our special types. For instance, Eluvatar, the pollmaker..."

(Eluvatar)
"I have a perfect poll for the region! A poll with lots of options on concordiat sequential ranked and weighted voting systems. It is based on the Prussian three class franchise!"

(TNP member)
"What does that mean?"

(Eluvatar)
“It means you end up so confused that the Oligarchy gets to decide everything.”

(TNP member)
"But I want to get to vote!"

(Eluvatar)
"oh, you get to vote all the time …. But the Oligarchy gets to decide."

(Blue Wolf)
"And Govindia, the complainer..."

(Govindia)
“Nobody apologizes properly to me, or shows me respect, or lets me in #tnp or listens to me..."

(Flemingovia)
"Here, Govindia, here is an apology."

(Govindia)
"An Apology? That is not sincere enough for me. I demand that you are sincere.”

(Flemingovia)
"Sorry."

(Govindia)
"That’s it! I am taking you to court for saying sorry to me in the wrong way! And I am reporting this post to the Moderators for good measure."

(Blue Wolf)
"And most important, our beloved Root Admin..."

(RA member)
"Grosseschnauzer, may I ask you a question?"

(Grosseschnauzer)
"Certainly, my son."

(RA member)
"Is there a proper blessing for the Region?"

(Grosseschnauzer)
"A blessing for the Region? Of course. May God bless and keep the the Region... from any change at all!"

(Blue Wolf)
"And among ourselves, we get along perfectly well. Of course, there was the time when JAL couped the region, and banned a bunch of people, but that's all settled now. We had a trial and forgave him, so we live in simple peace and harmony and..."

(1st RA Member)
"Recall the Delegate!"

(2nd RA Member)
"Let someone Grosse does not trust into the Security Council!"

(3rd RA member)
“Let’s make a treaty with a region that treats us like Shit!”

(Blue Wolf)
Oh Fuck. Here we go again … another day in TNP.

(Chorus)

(Blue Wolf)
"Tradition. Without our traditions, our lives would be as shaky as... as a fiddler on the roof!"

While I appreciate the creativity, I'm just not a fan. It undeservedly immortalizes certain nations. And it has the f-word.

I don't think there are any undeserved nations in the ditty...certainly more could be added who have been around as long and have formed as many of the traditions here.

I like it. I actually was perusing some posts back on the referendum forum in 2005. Here's a link and see what grosse says at the end of that post. Again, this is 2005...7 years ago...

http://z11.invisionfree.com/True_North_Pacific/index.php?showtopic=68&view=findpost&p=1173059

the more things change, the more they stay the same.

flemingovia:
Now this has a second, could the speaker please move it to vote?
I don't believe that your or anyone else actually moved or called for a vote, but based on this post I'm going to take it that your asking if there was as second was intended as one and interpret it as such without being an incredible pedant. The vote can be found here. Still, in the future explicitly saying something like "I move for a vote", "motion to vote" "I call for a vote", "call to vote", etc. is preferable. I think we all remember what happened last time when I chose to interpret your asking if there was a second as a motion.

Procedure out of the way, I'd like to contribute to the discussion. While I have nothing against a regional anthem, why do we want to define it in the Constitution of all places? The entire point of drafting the current proposal was to simplify our fundamental law to only what is absolutely necessary. There is absolutely no reason why a bit of symbolism like an anthem requires constitutional protection. It would make far more sense to add any such law to the cultural declarations section of the legal code.

EDIT: I no grammars good.

I'm not able to hear this (whatever it is) so it is immensely unfair and intolerable that I'm being forced to vote on something inaccessible to me as a result.
And why does this deserve to be in a constitution? Really? We have a flag and a coat of arms, and no one felt it was necessary to put either of them in the Constitution.
I'm against it being in the Constitution, but if it does pass, then I ask for a vote on moving the provisions on the flag and coat of arms into the Constitution as well.
Either all or none.
So to be absolutely clear for Gulliver's benefit. If this passes as a Constitutional amendment, then I move that the provisions in the current legal code on the flag and coat of arms of the region also be moved from the legal code into the Constitution, and I call for a vote on this motion as well.

Grosseschnauzer:
I'm not able to hear this (whatever it is) so it is immensely unfair and intolerable that I'm being forced to vote on something inaccessible to me as a result.
And why does this deserve to be in a constitution? Really? We have a flag and a coat of arms, and no one felt it was necessary to put either of them in the Constitution.
I'm against it being in the Constitution, but if it does pass, then I ask for a vote on moving the provisions on the flag and coat of arms into the Constitution as well.
Either all or none.
So to be absolutely clear for Gulliver's benefit. If this passes as a Constitutional amendment, then I move that the provisions in the current legal code on the flag and coat of arms of the region also be moved from the legal code into the Constitution, and I call for a vote on this motion as well.
I think it would be far more beneficial to move the anthem into the legal code.

Funkadelia:
I think it would be far more beneficial to move the anthem into the legal code.
I believe he's assuming that if people vote for it to be in the Constitution they wouldn't vote to move it back out into the Legal Code.

To be honest... i agree with GBM. Its very creative, but not actually suitable to be the national anthem. And yes, the F bomb is certainly a feature.

1. I can create a "radio edit" to remove the anglo saxon word.

2. I accept the point about the placement of this resolution in the constitution. I will happily accept the anthem as placed in section 7.1 of the code of laws. that should make everyone happy.

Radio Edit:

(Blue Wolf)
"A fiddler on the roof. Sounds crazy, no? But in our little Region of The North Pacific, you might say every one of us is a fiddler on the roof, trying to play a pleasant, simple game without breaking the Constitution. It isn't easy. You may ask, why do we stay in TNP if it's so dangerous? We stay because TNP is our home... And how do we keep our balance? That I can tell you
in one word... Tradition."

(Chorus)

(Blue Wolf)
"Because of our traditions, we've kept our balance for many, many years. Here in The North Pacific we have traditions for everything... how not to admit people to the Security Council, how to make trials last for months, how to make sure the delegate cannot do anything without permission. For instance, we always do whatever Grossescnauzer tells us to do... This shows our constant devotion to The Constitution. You may ask, how did this tradition start? I'll tell you - I don't know. But it's a tradition... Because of our traditions, everyone knows who he is and does what Grosse expects him to do."

(The Regional Asembly)
Who day and night
Must vote? It’s strange
Pass lots of laws
But nothing to change?
And who has the right
As the region’s sovereign body
To do what Grosseschnauzer tells us?

(All)
The Assembly the Assembly... tradition
The Assembly, the Assembly... tradition

(The Delegate)
Who must know the way to endortart
Not allow the region to fall?
Who must not make waves or change a thing
If I want to avoid a recall?

(All)

(Justices)
in 1892 we started a trial
it just never seemed to end
If you want swift justice then TNP
I would not recommend

(All)

(Admins)
And who watches over the forum
To mend and tend and guard?
And if anyone steps out of line
To make sure that they are barred?

(All)

(Gulliver)
"I need a security check!"

(All)
(Repeat as round)

(Assembly members)
The Assembly!

(SC Members)
The Security Council!

(Justices)
The Justices!

(Admins)
The Admins!

(All)
Tradition

(Blue Wolf)
"And in the circle of our little Region, we have always had our special types. For instance, Eluvatar, the pollmaker..."

(Eluvatar)
"I have a perfect poll for the region! A poll with lots of options on concordiat sequential ranked and weighted voting systems. It is based on the Prussian three class franchise!"

(TNP member)
"What does that mean?"

(Eluvatar)
“It means you end up so confused that the Oligarchy gets to decide everything.”

(TNP member)
"But I want to get to vote!"

(Eluvatar)
"oh, you get to vote all the time …. But the Oligarchy gets to decide."

(Blue Wolf)
"And Govindia, the complainer..."

(Govindia)
“Nobody apologizes properly to me, or shows me respect, or lets me in #tnp or listens to me..."

(Flemingovia)
"Here, Govindia, here is an apology."

(Govindia)
"An Apology? That is not sincere enough for me. I demand that you are sincere.”

(Flemingovia)
"Sorry."

(Govindia)
"That’s it! I am taking you to court for saying sorry to me in the wrong way! And I am reporting this post to the Moderators for good measure."

(Blue Wolf)
"And most important, our beloved Root Admin..."

(RA member)
"Grosseschnauzer, may I ask you a question?"

(Grosseschnauzer)
"Certainly, my son."

(RA member)
"Is there a proper blessing for the Region?"

(Grosseschnauzer)
"A blessing for the Region? Of course. May God bless and keep the the Region... from any change at all!"

(Blue Wolf)
"And among ourselves, we get along perfectly well. Of course, there was the time when JAL couped the region, and banned a bunch of people, but that's all settled now. We had a trial and forgave him, so we live in simple peace and harmony and..."

(1st RA Member)
"Recall the Delegate!"

(2nd RA Member)
"Let someone Grosse does not trust into the Security Council!"

(3rd RA member)
“Let’s make a treaty with a region that treats us like poop!”

(Blue Wolf)
Oh bother. Here we go again … another day in TNP.

(Chorus)

(Blue Wolf)
"Tradition. Without our traditions, our lives would be as shaky as... as a fiddler on the roof!"

oh-bother-youre-reading-this-in-my-voice-arent-you.jpeg

Where's the cheese? Not one single mention concerning cheese in that national anthem. No cheese means it's inappropriate as a regional anthem! :P

This message brought to you by the Official Unofficial Ministry of Cheese. Not valid with other offers. Please advise your doctor concerning any medications you are currently taking. Offer limited to one per customer. Side effects may include: amnesia, enlarged breasts, hallucinations, loss of sense of taste and death. In the event of death, please notify your doctor immediately.

Yes, no rum mentioned either. After all, what is The North Pacific without Rum and Cheese?

Certainly Rum and Cheese should at least get an honorable mention in a regional anthem!

Back