New Vote: Security Council Applications

mcmasterdonia

Just like a queef in the wind, so is life
-
-
-
TNP Nation
McMasterdonia
This is a poll to determine which system for Security Council Applications should be used. In this poll you may choose only one option.

1: Current System: SC vote; override possible: Applicants may be admitted to the SC by a majority vote of the body, but the RA may force the acceptance of a rejected member by a 2/3's majority vote

2: SC and RA vote: override possible; Applicants may be approved by a majority vote of the SC, and then admitted by a subsequent majority vote of the RA.
The RA may force the acceptance of an rejected applicant by the SC by a 2/3's majority vote.
Exemptions require 2/3rd majority vote of RA, followed by SC majority vote, confirmation vote not required.

Pick which option you like out of the two, keep it mind we can work out the finer details such as wording once we know what system people would like.

is it me or it's obvious this will only complicate things to crazy level and make TNP a more bureaucratic region .
now i am beginning to prefer Flemingovian Constitution

Pasargad:
is it me or it's obvious this will only complicate things to crazy level and make TNP a more bureaucratic region .
now i am beginning to prefer Flemingovian Constitution
QFT

Both choices are rather convoluted and unnecessarily complex (or can turn out to be such in certain instances).

One solution is a strict rule of application. That is, if a nation meets a strict set of quantifiable and established criteria for membership in the SC, said nation will be admitted to the SC if so inclined and unless there is a compelling reason supported by real evidence which is qualified to deny. Any denial of admission to the SC must be discussed in public as though it was a trial in the RA, after which, the RA votes by simple majority 50%+1 to over-ride the SC. But no qualified applicant should be denied unless there is clear and legitimate evidence that can be made public (no 'secret' evidence permitted).

That said, any nation that is on the SC should be a 'known quantity' as per that nation's length of residence in the region, it's age/population overall and its history of movement between regions should be considered and a set of public rules to that make such decisions open for public scrutiny.

Back