Alternative SC Application Process

unibot

TNPer
I'd like to propose an Alternative SC Application Process, since in recent months, the SC has lost some political capital:

1. All SC applicants are to be voted on by both the SC and the RA.
2. The delegate can veto one of the houses.
3. Therefore if the SC and RA both agree to be for or against a candidate, the Delegate cannot change the result of the decision.
4. If one house is for a candidate, one house is against and the delegate does not intervene with a veto, the SC application has been defeated.

This makes the system a tad more balanced and flexible, but still invests veto in an elected figure.

I think it would only be fair if SC members are not allowed to vote in RA matters that concern the SC. Doing so can be viewed as "double dipping" of sorts.

Blue Wolf II:
I think it would only be fair if SC members are not allowed to vote in RA matters that concern the SC. Doing so can be viewed as "double dipping" of sorts.
That may be worth thinking about, although I'll note that there are matters that "concern" the SC that the SC has no voice in as a body, such as Chapter 5 of the new legal code, the constitution, the Order of Succession,* or exemptions to the RA membership requirement.

*As a note, the members of the Security Council do seem to have adopted a practice of abstaining in votes on the Order of Succession.

Blue Wolf II:
Ah, but the SC does have a voice in those matters because they are also RA members, for the most part. They get to express their opinion twice.
No, on the matters I just listed, they get to express their opinion once -- as RA members.

Back