Romanoffia for Council of Five Old thread

Romanoffia

Garde à l'eau!
I hereby announce my intent to run for membership in The Council of Five.

I will be unusually brief about my qualifications as everyone is well aware of them from the Delegate campaign:

Former:

Minister of Defense
Deputy Minister of Defense
General, Army of The North Pacific (Ret.)
Court Justice
Minister of Communications
Intel Agent/Analyst, The NPIA
Various and sundry diplomatic roles

My current nation (and previous nations) have all been exclusively citizens of The North Pacific; and my goal is to serve this region to the utmost of my ability and in the best interest of this region. I've also been around forever in The North Pacific and won't be going anywhere in the future.

I am looking forward to serving this region, government and Delegate as a member of the Council of Five.

Because I reasoned with him and he decided to pull out Gatesville forces to 'un-support' a rogue Delegate (Mathius). No one thought it could be done, but I did it anyway. I used a totally unique approach that everyone said wouldn't work,but it did. ;)

Specifically, I pointed out the fact that he was tying up too much of his resources in TNP by propping up a rogue Delegate and that for Gatesville, it was a no win situation. And the reason why it was a no win situation was that while Gatesville was putting most of its mobile assets into TNP, Gatesville allies were getting a good pummeling that would eventually require Gatesville to withdraw from TNP to defend their assets. And there were a few other issues involved that showed that continued occupation of TNP would not be healthy for Gatesville. In the end, it was a matter of applied logic and reason involving certain military principles expounded by Jomini and von Clausewitz applied to NationStates.

If the search feature on the forum was a little more detailed (and had the proper utility), one could search for posts specifically made by Gates to see the final result concerning the how, why and who did it. ;D

What made the whole matter really interesting was that I proved that RL military theory can be applied very effectively to NationStates and quite easily. This is an approach that is usually discounted out of hand by most but is extremely effective against opponents if applied correctly.

Hence, it is important to remember in any adversarial position that the goal is to render one's opponent either incapable of or unwilling to continue the conflict. Usually, all it takes is to tell one's opponent exactly how you are going to oppose them and how they will be utterly helpless to defend themselves to get them to take a more careful look at 'enlightened self interest' on their part, and force them to re-position their assets (and if you are really clever, you can get them to reposition their assets in exactly the way you want them to). It's an obscenely simple process and it works if you actually apply the theory and can back it up with action. And it beats the hell out of simply trying to wear down an opponent to the point that he leaves out of boredom (and it takes a lot less time). It also shows that 'military force' in NationStates is much more effective when approached as a more intellectual process than when approached as a matter of brute force. No wars are good wars but short wars are better than long ones.

Back