Eluvatar#8517
hjOXx.png

Contents

Legislative goals

Executive goals

Schedule of action

Legislation

Democratic Reform

Most of us agree that the government of the North Pacific needs reform, and that it must be chosen democratically, because it is right, because it will ultimately lead to the best idea winning, and because the alternative is internecine conflict which frankly gets old after a while.

Execution

Council of Five

I do not wish to make all governance depend on any one person, even if that person is myself. Therefore, I wish to organize a Council of Five. I intend to sit on it, and to ask the region to elect four others, proportionally, to join me. I will expect them to serve as Ministers, and I will consult this council on urgent or classified executive decisions. I will expect the Council to speak for the region’s government as may be necessary during inconvenient hours of the day.
Interregional Activism

I intend to take the beginning of an active policy that Blue Wolf’s government has begun with our approach of Stargate and extend it. Our government should seek out regions who we can protect and who would like our protection, seek out regions who we can help who would like our help, and see if we can establish relationships of mutual assistance. Our Army should maintain readiness through frequent necessity, without endangering our home.

Our region should also consider involvement in the Modern Pacific Alliance or another organization, perhaps even one of our own making.

Schedule
Week start[c]Week end[c]Tasks[c]May 17[c]May 19[c]Finalize treaties negotiated under Blue Wolf II, Select interim ministers (using incumbents as possible)[c]May 20[c]May 26[c]Debate treaties, Council of Five nominations, Ask people to get some reform constitution drafts in, Manumission Day[c]May 27[c]June 2[c]Polls choosing a starting constitution draft from proposed options, Regional Update due, Council of Five vote, Conclude debate on Legal Code Revamp[c]June 3[c]June 9[c]Constitution Draft revision 1, vote on Legal Code Revamp[c]June 10[c]June 16[c]Constitution Draft revision 2, debate more treaties[c]June 17[c]June 23[c]Constitution Draft revision 3, vote on more treaties[c]June 24[c]June 30[c]Constitution Final Draft debate[c]July 1[c]July 7[c]New Constitution vote, Constitution Day[c]July 8[c]July 14[c]Legal Code adjustment brainstorm, 8 week plan brainstorm[c]July 15[c]July 21[c]Legal Code adjustment revision, Council of Five nominations, 8 week plan deliberation[c]July 22[c]July 28[c]Legal Code adjustment debate, Council of Five vote, Liberation Day[c]July 29[c]August 4[c]Legal Code adjustment vote[c]

My only question(s): would the Vice Delegate sit on this council of five? And what ministries would you divide amongst these members i.e. Do you have any plans for new ministerial departments from what we currently have now?

1. Blue Wolf caused a lot of problems in the region through inactivity. You have a history of disappearing for periods without announcement or explaination. In fact, this thread marks your return from an absence of nearly two weeks which left everyone asking "where is Elu?"

If you are elected delegate what confidence can we have that you will not go walkabout during your term?

2. If elected, would you step down as forum admin for the duration of your term, seeing as there are three other active admins?

mcmasterdonia:
My only question(s): would the Vice Delegate sit on this council of five? And what ministries would you divide amongst these members i.e. Do you have any plans for new ministerial departments from what we currently have now?

The Vice Delegate would sit on the council if they were among those selected by the people to sit on it.

I am considering a possible Ministry of WA Votes, to compose information for voters in TNP, but ensuring the operation of the army, foreign service, and recruitment is the top priority.

flemingovia:
1. Blue Wolf caused a lot of problems in the region through inactivity. You have a history of disappearing for periods without announcement or explaination. In fact, this thread marks your return from an absence of nearly two weeks which left everyone asking "where is Elu?"

If you are elected delegate what confidence can we have that you will not go walkabout during your term?

2. If elected, would you step down as forum admin for the duration of your term, seeing as there are three other active admins?

1. I don't vanish for more than 3 days when that would create a security crisis. If elected Delegate, that would apply. I'm running with that obligation in mind. I have not held any elected office since Grosseschnauzer took over the office of Attorney General, for a reason. That said, I do intend for the Council of Five to be able to act if I am briefly unavailable.

2. Yes that is my intention.

1. What would you do differently if elected delegate compared to the current one?

2. Do you feel that announcements of appointments should be made publicly on the forum first, and not on a private channel like IRC?

3. How do you feel about #tnp being under TNP law, since people use it frequently to communicate and discuss TNP matters, and sometimes exclude people this way?

Govindia:
1. What would you do differently if elected delegate compared to the current one?

2. Do you feel that announcements of appointments should be made publicly on the forum first, and not on a private channel like IRC?

3. How do you feel about #tnp being under TNP law, since people use it frequently to communicate and discuss TNP matters, and sometimes exclude people this way?
There there. :kiss:

Now Elu, what are your thoughts on extending the Pan-Sinker Security Pact to include the feeders?

Govindia:

1. I think that should be apparent from my campaign materials; nearly everything I plan on is different (at least in execution) from the incumbent's governance.

2. I generally announce things on forums.

3. #tnp does not need to be under TNP law, no more than the pizza place down the street needs to be under TNP law because I've discussed TNP matters there several times. Things people say in #tnp may be punishable of course, if they are treason, sedition, or leaking NPA secrets. But that's not what you're after, as I understand things.
John Ashcroft Land:
Now Elu, what are your thoughts on extending the Pan-Sinker Security Pact to include the feeders?

That is definitely worth considering, although we'd have to research what the PSSP has actually accomplished for its members.

Council of Five, on the face of it doesn't seems substantially different from Minister appointed by the delegate now (other than the possibility the region may elect four people you can't work with). What advantages do you see it having over appointed ministers?

I've posted my idea about possibly a non-fixed elected legislature and probably more innovative, off-site voting between non-forum regional residents; is this something you'd be willing to consider running a test referendum with and entertain as a possible direction for the future constitution?

Your agenda schedule for if your elected delegate is very ambitious "especially regarding the overhaul of the constitution". That said do you believe that that an overhaul of the constitution would be approved that fast by the regional assembly, given the divisiveness of opinions Regarding the details of such an Important document? and if so Why?

mcmasterdonia:
Why is Elu the most likely to be couped? :s
Sporadic activity levels. When I couped Ermarian I just watched his activity levels and started swapping once it was clear he was on a LoA. The region watched helplessly as I was able to basically walk into the delegacy.

Well, I'm sure Eluvatar will be an active delegate. IF and only IF he is not, I am certain that the Vice Delegate and the security council will be keeping a very close eye on those who are rapidly gaining endorsements. We would then seek to have that person banned from the region immediately.

peoples empire:
Your agenda schedule for if your elected delegate is very ambitious "especially regarding the overhaul of the constitution". That said do you believe that that an overhaul of the constitution would be approved that fast by the regional assembly, given the divisiveness of opinions Regarding the details of such an Important document? and if so Why?

I think it's quite possible. If it doesn't happen, of course, we can keep going. I am quite certain that it can be done in the first eight weeks however.

John Ashcroft Land:
mcmasterdonia:
Why is Elu the most likely to be couped? :s
Sporadic activity levels. When I couped Ermarian I just watched his activity levels and started swapping once it was clear he was on a LoA. The region watched helplessly as I was able to basically walk into the delegacy.

That won't happen.

mcmasterdonia:
Well, I'm sure Eluvatar will be an active delegate. IF and only IF he is not, I am certain that the Vice Delegate and the security council will be keeping a very close eye on those who are rapidly gaining endorsements. We would then seek to have that person banned from the region immediately.

Thank you.

Namyeknom:
Council of Five, on the face of it doesn't seems substantially different from Minister appointed by the delegate now (other than the possibility the region may elect four people you can't work with). What advantages do you see it having over appointed ministers?

1. A good way of seeing who is actually interested in being a minister.
2. The ministers can as a body be considered to represent the region, as opposed to representing my judgement.

It's an experiment.

unibot:
I've posted my idea about possibly a non-fixed elected legislature and probably more innovative, off-site voting between non-forum regional residents; is this something you'd be willing to consider running a test referendum with and entertain as a possible direction for the future constitution?

I'd definitely be interested in this sort of thing, but of course I will respect the limitations of the office of Delegate in such legislative matters, just as with my constitutional proposals. I would suggest as a first step, composing a proposal (I can help), then holding a poll on the clear and simply explained proposal. If it carries I would join you in writing a formal proposal and I would second bringing it to a vote.

Eluvatar:
Schedule
Week start[c]Week end[c]Tasks[c]May 17[c]May 19[c]Finalize treaties negotiated under Blue Wolf II, Select interim ministers (using incumbents as possible)[c]May 20[c]May 26[c]Debate treaties, Council of Five nominations, Ask people to get some reform constitution drafts in, Manumission Day[c]May 27[c]June 2[c]Polls choosing a starting constitution draft from proposed options, Regional Update due, Council of Five vote, Conclude debate on Legal Code Revamp[c]June 3[c]June 9[c]Constitution Draft revision 1, vote on Legal Code Revamp[c]June 10[c]June 16[c]Constitution Draft revision 2, debate more treaties[c]June 17[c]June 23[c]Constitution Draft revision 3, vote on more treaties[c]June 24[c]June 30[c]Constitution Final Draft debate[c]July 1[c]July 7[c]New Constitution vote, Constitution Day[c]July 8[c]July 14[c]Legal Code adjustment brainstorm, 8 week plan brainstorm[c]July 15[c]July 21[c]Legal Code adjustment revision, Council of Five nominations, 8 week plan deliberation[c]July 22[c]July 28[c]Legal Code adjustment debate, Council of Five vote, Liberation Day[c]July 29[c]August 4[c]Legal Code adjustment vote[c]
Due to the runoff this needs modification.

Revised Schedule
Week start[c]Week end[c]Tasks[c]May 17[c]May 19[c]Finalize treaties negotiated under Blue Wolf II, Select interim ministers (using incumbents as possible)[c]May 20[c]May 26[c]Debate treaties, Ask people to get some reform constitution drafts in, Manumission Day[c]May 27[c]June 2[c]Council of Five nominations, Polls choosing a starting constitution draft from proposed options, Regional Update due, Conclude debate on Legal Code Revamp[c]June 3[c]June 9[c]Council of Five vote, Constitution Draft revision 1, vote on Legal Code Revamp[c]June 10[c]June 16[c]Constitution Draft revision 2, debate more treaties[c]June 17[c]June 23[c]Constitution Draft revision 3, vote on more treaties[c]June 24[c]June 30[c]Constitution Final Draft debate[c]July 1[c]July 7[c]New Constitution vote, Constitution Day[c]July 8[c]July 14[c]Legal Code adjustment brainstorm, 8 week plan brainstorm[c]July 15[c]July 21[c]Legal Code adjustment revision, 8 week plan deliberation[c]July 22[c]July 28[c]Legal Code adjustment debate, Council of Five nominations, Liberation Day[c]July 29[c]August 4[c]Council of Five vote, Legal Code adjustment vote[c]

Manumission day is nearly upon us, and it seems it will fall under the term of the incumbent Delegate.

I'll get in touch with them about possibly celebrating it.

Unless there are objections I think I may change my planned two ~8 week Council of Five terms to three 5 week terms.

Back