Informal Vote: RA activity clauses Part Ii

This poll is moving forward from the first poll I posted, since the prevailing view appears to be for a general requirement, if any at all, and not a missed vote requirement.

I'm combining both a time length and the method for enforcing a general activity requirement in this set of options. One is easier than the other in practice to check on the forums but these options should allow us to see which method is preferred as well as the time length

(from shortest to longest)

30 days - log onto the forums or 30 days - posts in the RA area (current rule). I dunno if forcing people to post is really necessary though.

Of the 12 who have responded:
5 favor 15 days
1 favors 21 days
1 favors 28 days
4 favor 30 days

8 favor log on to the forums requirement
3 favor posting in the RA area requirement

1 does not favor any general activity requirement

Looks to me like there is much more support for a log on requirement than a posting requirement; the main difference is over the time period involved. There's equal support for 15 days and for 28-30 days and one inbetween.

Any suggestions on how to find a consensus? At some soon-ish point we'll do a part III to focus on that specific question.

I voted 30 days log onto the forum. But my preference as I said on the IRC channel the other day is still a roll call thread in the voting chambers posted every so often (I'm thinking two weeks) that is open for five/seven days. Missing two consecutive roll calls removes.

Blue Wolf II:
What's up with all these damn informal votes? Why don't we just replace then with actual votes?
It's just a ploy to put a monkey wrench into new RA applications if it actually goes to a vote, or something arcane in the rules like that. :lol:

I vote that we all vote to take a vote to see if this goes to a vote and then actually vote on it if the vote succeeds. Then we can vote on it. Maybe. :clap:

Think of this as a systematic discussion before the actual bill is drafted. I find it useful to gauge popular sentiment.

I picked 30 days log in. It seems easiest to administrate.

Update of results:

Still an very even split as to the time period:
15 days 6
21 days 1
28 days 2
30 days 6

12 favor log on to the forums requirement
3 favor posting in the RA area requirement

Don't favor any activity requeirement 2

I think the consensus is in favor of using a log-in requirement and not a posting requirement; and no consecutive vote requirement; the split is on how long a period ought to be used.

I'll start a part III poll shortly on that question

Back