-
-
Pronouns
he/him/his
TNP Nation
Zemnaya Svoboda
Discord
Eluvatar#8517
I want to know what the will of the region is on this question.

Some arguments:

Pro[c]Con[c]1. People perhaps shouldn't be rewarded with a vote (and election eligibility) for squatting and not actually contributing.
2. Booting such people helps limit the ability of groups to infiltrate the region, limiting the ability to take over the region by people who don't actually care enough to meet the requirements.
3. Creates a pressure for people to remain active consistently.
4. Helps ensure quorum is usually met by keeping the size of the RA down.[c]1. Somewhat difficult to enforce properly!
2. Causes a great number of removals from the RA.
3. May help create a perception of unfriendliness and mistrust (The admission delay rule is more of a concern there, however).

I think this question is premature in this respect: the first question should be should there be an activity rule, a vote participation rule, both, or neither.
The second question along with this one should then be, if so, should the general activity requirement be 15 days, 21 days, 28 or 30 days or something else or no general activity rule.
I think having both rules is making administering either of these requirement unnecessarily difficult. And when there is a slow activity period generally in the game (a point I will continue to raise until y'all get it) the general activity requirement is unnecessarily burdensome for many people in RL for different reasons. Some may have a very busy schedule, others may not have much net access because they are not near their usual computer, and of course there are different patterns in the northern and southern hemisphere.

Accordingly, I have to abstain from any of the offered choices.

Grosseschnauzer:
I think this question is premature in this respect: the first question should be should there be an activity rule, a vote participation rule, both, or neither.
The second question along with this one should then be, if so, should the general activity requirement be 15 days, 21 days, 28 or 30 days or something else or no general activity rule.
I think having both rules is making administering either of these requirement unnecessarily difficult. And when there is a slow activity period generally in the game (a point I will continue to raise until y'all get it) the general activity requirement is unnecessarily burdensome for many people in RL for different reasons. Some may have a very busy schedule, others may not have much net access because they are not near their usual computer, and of course there are different patterns in the northern and southern hemisphere.

Accordingly, I have to abstain from any of the offered choices.
Make another poll, then.

I think this question is premature in this respect: I want to slow down the wheels of government to effectively ensure nothing gets accomplished and the batshit laws that benefit only one or two TNP members stay in place as long as possible.

Accordingly, I have voted that this rule is god damn retarded and we should rid ourselves of it as soon as physically possible.

How about a compromise? The two missed vote rule stays, but instead of removal from the RA, offenders have to paint their genitalia with jam and sit on a red ant hill for ten minutes. Facebook photos or YouTube videos would be required as evidence.

Where I come from that's called blue sky thinking, baby.

flemingovia:
How about a compromise? The two missed vote rule stays, but instead of removal from the RA, offenders have to paint their genitalia with jam and sit on a red ant hill for ten minutes. Facebook photos or YouTube videos would be required as evidence.

Where I come from that's called blue sky thinking, baby.
Oh, no. Not again. :lol:

Back