Defence Rank and Structure

mcmasterdonia

Just like a queef in the wind, so is life
-
-
-
TNP Nation
McMasterdonia
I will be posting updates about the Defence Department and the North Pacific Army in the "Delegates Government" section, until the admins create our own area.

Rank Structure of the North Pacific Army

General:
ar_general.gif

Lieutenant-General:
ar_ltgen.gif

Major-General:
ar_majgen.gif

Brigadier General:
ar_brigen.gif

Colonel:
ar_colonel.gif

Lieutenant Colonel:
ar_ltcol.gif

Major:
ar_major.gif

Captain:
ar_captain.gif

Lieutenant:
ar_1stlt.gif

Warrant Officer 1:
OFFCW5.gif

Warrant Officer 2:
ar_cw1.gif

Colour Sergeant:
AR_SGM_E9.gif

Sergeant:
AR_SFC_E7.gif

Corporal:
ar_e4.gif

Lance Corporal:
ar_e3.gif

Private:
ar_e2.gif

These are the rankings taken from the archives of the old North Pacific Army. Insignia will be added soon, when i have the time. These ranks are subject to change. New Members will be appointed to rankings based on their general service to the region. Promotions are certainly available, based on activity, and ability in missions.

As a former General in the Army of TNP (way back when), May I suggest that each rank be associated with a specific executive/structural duty?

From top to bottom:

Symbol - Size - Command Structure Ranks

XXXXXX region, theater - general, army general, five-star general or field marshal
XXXXX army group, front - general, army general, five-star general or field marshal
XXXX army - general, four-star general or colonel general
XXX corps - lieutenant general, corps general or three-star general
XX division - major general, divisional general or two-star general
X brigade - brigadier general, brigade general, or one-star general (sometimes colonel)
III regiment or group or sqadron - colonel
II battalion/squadron- lieutenant colonel
I company/troop - chief warrant officer, captain or major
••• platoon - warrant officer, first or second lieutenant
•• section or patrol - corporal to sergeant
• squad or crew - corporal to staff sergeant
Ø fireteam - lance corporal to sergeant
Ø fire and maneuver team - any/private first class

Or any simplified structure similar to it, each 'rung' of the ladder, so to speak, is charged with duties ranging from strategic to tactical and relevant to a given level of response in a given situation. Remember, it's easier to use well organized groups when taking action rather than going at it like so many gnats picking away at a dog.

The first thing you do is to fill out the officer corps and then flesh it out from bottom to top. Use a specific flag for military nations or a numerical identification scheme added to any nation's flag to indicate rank and file. This is essentially the way that Gatesville organized their forces and that level of organization is very effective.

Even in the context of NS, organization and coordination is required.

Back