Straw Poll: Elu's Revamped Legal Code

Abstain

TNPer
As this proposal is a significant change to the Legal Code, by both having a number of changes included and an entirely new structure, I'm opening this straw poll to see how the RA feels about this idea.

I've added an actual poll so people can express their opinion anonymously. You don't need to post what you voted, or even if you've voted. If you do vote Against however, it would be nice for you to explain what parts in particular caused you to reach that decision.

As I do not have the code for the post I'll simply link to it: Eluvatar's Revamped Legal Code Proposal v1.4

After one week I'll announce the results of the poll to see where the RA stands.

The only part that i would query... Is the part about runoff elections:

14. Should a run-off vote be required it shall begin within two days of the first vote ending and it shall last for five days.

Unless i have missed it, i could not read anywhere else, under what circumstances a run-off vote would occur. i.e. Does the winner need to have achieved 50% + 1 of the votes of those who 'participated' in the first round? Or is it simply if the votes are tied.

In delegate and vice delegate a runoff is needed if there are more than 2 candidates and no one candidate got a majority of votes cast.

I have raised some so far unanswered questions about changes in the oath and the need, in my view to at a minimum place equivalent provisions in the Crimes definition section and the penalties section for those thing this proposes to remove from the oath.
And I still fee "violation of an oath" should be a defined crime.

I haven't had a chance to review other aspects of this yet, so I may have more questions that I would need answers to before I could go yea or nay.

Back