Request for Comments

I think it looks awesome and is a huge improvement on what we currently have. Great work.

Also I love the new thread markers.

Well, a couple of ideas.

Maybe we should put map as a subforum of roleplaying? It does seem to me that people request position on the map mostly because they are interest in starting an RP.

Also making "The Law" subforum in RA as one of the main forum in Magicality City might make it easier for new nation that are interest in learning about TNP system.

Felasia:
Well, a couple of ideas.

Maybe we should put map as a subforum of roleplaying? It does seem to me that people request position on the map mostly because they are interest in starting an RP.

Also making "The Law" subforum in RA as one of the main forum in Magicality City might make it easier for new nation that are interest in learning about TNP system.
The laws are also linked to from the very top. I want to keep Magicality City as compact as possible. It is currently *way* too spread out.

And lots of nations want a spot on the map without wanting to RP. Fewer than one in ten usually actually want to RP, who want a map slot.

That said, if I'm in the minority on this I'd be happy to change it.

I would have Embassy Row outside of the Delegates Government - they aren't part of the Delegates Government, it is the representatives of other regions to TNP as a whole and (in theory) I think it will make that forum too crowded - announcements from the Delegate getting missed because another region has posted an update?

Other than that I think it looks good.

Haor Chall:
I would have Embassy Row outside of the Delegates Government - they aren't part of the Delegates Government, it is the representatives of other regions to TNP as a whole and (in theory) I think it will make that forum too crowded - announcements from the Delegate getting missed because another region has posted an update?

Other than that I think it looks good.
As I said to Felasia I tried to keep things as compact as possible.

Adding one more board under Magicality City would make it too spread out. Even Elections is already pushing it. And the Delegate is definitely in charge of foreign policy, and opening & closing embassies.

I'm trying to focus on what would be most convenient for a new player.

That said, if someone else thinks Embassy Row should be moved out of the Delegate's Government area, say so and if that's the consensus I'll go with that.

I doubt it's something you can address but the "Add Reply" button has disappeared when I'm in work and the fast reply box doesn't show up either, so in short most of the time I normally post I can no longer post. Which is annoying to say the least...

HC, we'll have to check those, subforum by subforum. There are different forum permissions that have to be set and the subforums now in the archives no longer should be having posts, period.
I plan to double check forum and moderation permissions once the reorganizing is finished so we can have them current and set the same way.

Haor Chall:
I doubt it's something you can address but the "Add Reply" button has disappeared when I'm in work and the fast reply box doesn't show up either, so in short most of the time I normally post I can no longer post. Which is annoying to say the least...
Are you sure you're:

1. Logged in.
2. Not in an archive.
3. Not in a locked thread.

If so, could you please link us to a thread where you experience this problem?

Heh, I'm definately logged in, etc.

It's ok, the Fast Reply box has reappeared so I can post again now. Still can't see the New Topic/Add Reply buttons but it's not the end of the world. Its all across the forum, I don't have the problem at home so it isn't likely to be a masking/permissions issue, I suspect it has more to do with being on IE5 here at work... :P

Haor Chall:
Heh, I'm definately logged in, etc.

It's ok, the Fast Reply box has reappeared so I can post again now. Still can't see the New Topic/Add Reply buttons but it's not the end of the world. Its all across the forum, I don't have the problem at home so it isn't likely to be a masking/permissions issue, I suspect it has more to do with being on IE5 here at work... :P
Will investigate.

Isn't IE 5 an ancient release of that browser?

I wouldn't know because I don't use IE at all; I let Microsoft update it all it wants, but I do not use it. (I've been using Firefox since version 0.7, and it's now version 11.01.)

TPL, i'll let Eluvatar deal with the font question. (Just how do we make it look watery and dignified at the same time?)

I

checked, incidentally, and it's IE6 but yeah it's ancient. Government IT for you. :P

Anyway, though I can't see the "Add Reply" button, the fast reply box does appear - but not everywhere. I assume that some forums have it turned off? One of those is the voting forum, could we please have the fast reply enabled there, otherwise I'm slightly concerned I might get caught out by being unable to vote.

Back