Speaker's Disappearence

Vilnoia1

TNPer
Mr. Chief Justice,

Let me bring forth to your attention that the Speaker of the RA has been gone for a total of 15+ days as of today. This leave was not known ahead of time and the RA has suffered from this leave.

I ask of you along with the Delegate to follow the constitution under:

Article 1- Stipulations
Section 3: Miscellany
Point 10.
10. If any elected official should fail to check into their account for two weeks without prior notice, the dual consent of either the Speaker, the Delegate, or the Chief Justice will commence the special election of a replacement. This replacement will fulfill the remainder of the term.

I will note for the Chief Justice's benefit that the elected Delegate has also noted this information, and in his post invited you ro start the special election process if you are able to before he does (he made mention of being busy in RL.)

I in in the process of updating the RA membership list (which I hope to complete by Sunday night) and if I can be of assistance as Speaker Pro Tempore, please let me know by PM.

It looks like Monday night; harvesting and manipulating the links into Google Docs (with which I'm not used to using) is taking more time.

Never mind Google docs. Why is nobody out looking for the speaker? Have you looked behind the sofa? What about in the storm drain? Someone go out and put fliers on lamp posts. Don't just sit there - do something.

It no longer matters where New Kersovkia is, by his absence, he has vacated his office, and an election process for a new Speaker has begun. And surprise, the R.A. actually thought ahead and provided by rule for an Acting Speaker, when there is no Speaker. Things haven't ground to a halt, and if you check your In box Flem,you'll even see a request of your as an Admin. :)

Back