Status of Application

Please take a look at Law 28 (posted in this subforum) Article II, Section 1.

The Speaker has up to 14 days to act on an application. Even though I am Speaker Pro Tempore, I have not been given specific authority by the Speaker to act as a deputy on applications. And with three active admin on the forums these days, I don't always know what the other admin may have done at the request of the Speaker concerning an application.

The other thing is that even if you were cleared at this point, by law we cannot remask you into the Regional Assembly while a vote is in progress. (Which there is. And votes normally last for 7 days.)

mcmasterdonia:
Can I also enquire about my membership? I applied a few weeks ago and I still can't vote on the regional assembly laws.
application post

mcmasterdonia, it looks to me as if both links in your application post are invalid. The first link goes to the application post of a R.A. member or TNP citizen other than yourself, and the second link does not go to a living nation's page in Nationstates.

The Speaker has not acted on your application, but based on these facts, it was likely viewed as a void application.

Your best best is to post a new application, with valid links to your TNP nation page and WA nation page at Nationstates.

If you want registered citizenship that may be done a bit more quickly. It does not grant the franchise in formal votes on laws, however.

The Palindromic Land:
Eluvatar:
If you want registered citizenship that may be done a bit more quickly. It does not grant the franchise in formal votes on laws, however.
Or, indeed, the ability to even comment on proposed legislation.
You cannot post in the committee of the whole?

We should probably figure out a way to allow the two citizen masks to post in the R.A. main entry (the highest level subforum); and we'll have to have a vote in the R.A. if we're going to make any permission changes beyond that.

I don't believe citizen masks have ever been allowed to post in the "Committee of the Whole" since it was set up and it would confuse things considerably if either ot both Citizen masks were allowed to post there since that gives them the ability to formally introduce legislation. That is the sort of change I don't believe the Admin can make without legislation.

Grosseschnauzer:
We should probably figure out a way to allow the two citizen masks to post in the R.A. main entry (the highest level subforum); and we'll have to have a vote in the R.A. if we're going to make any permission changes beyond that.

I don't believe citizen masks have ever been allowed to post in the "Committee of the Whole" since it was set up and it would confuse things considerably if either ot both Citizen masks were allowed to post there since that gives them the ability to formally introduce legislation. That is the sort of change I don't believe the Admin can make without legislation.
Starting topics and replying to topics are separate permissions.

Surely we could grant the reply permission with just the assent of the Speaker?

As posted in a pinned thread when the RA area was last reorganized three years ago during most recent Speakership:

The Main Entry is a general discussion area for the Regional Assembly members, and for those holding a Citizen mask. General discussions, not dealing with the development of legislation, should take place here. Announcements will also be placed in this area.
Somehow, things have gotten away from that, but returning the Main Entry area to this would provide a place for those with TNP Citizen or Registered Citizen masks to post and discuss legislative proposals. The separate area for threads would be the same as the requirement that non-participants cannot post in official Court threads. I'm going to make sure that the permissions are set that way as of now, and that should solve the immediate issue.

King Matthew:
To whom it may concern:

I am respectfully asking for the status of my application to the RA. Thank you.
We now have a ruling by the Court that allows the Speaker Pro Tempore to act on "normal" duties of the Speaker covered by Law 28.

I have stated already that if the Speaker has not returned and acted on your application by later today (GMT) or in the morning (my time) then I will do so at that point. It will be the 28th, and we have until the 29th before your application would stand approved by operation of law; either way this will be settled quickly.

Back