-
-
Pronouns
he/him/his
TNP Nation
Zemnaya Svoboda
Discord
Eluvatar#8517
In my reorganization of the Legal Code I tried to avoid changing substantive things except where the constitutional changes I'm proposing require them. I also didn't bother to revise the language of the Rules of Evidence. Is that the right way to go about it?

To the tune of Things To Do (Daff Punk - Technologic)

I haven't had a chance yet to review your draft but as a general principle I'd be reluctant to try wholesale simultaneous revision or trashing it (we tried the latter with this Constitution, and it took years to get things to a workable point.) Often people just don't anticipate problems and circumstances that ought to be covered by a revision, and it can lead, as it did with this constitution to paralysis.

This is a good subject that needs to kept alive for discussion. One of the things we need is the application of logical arguments based upon principle as a form of defense in criminal/civil cases.

The Legal Code doesn't need to be scrapped. It can be revised, cleaned, and fixed. It will take a bit of effort, but that's not too bad of a problem...

There's no point in scrapping it, but a little re-working might be in order (and some additions and clarifications also).

I tried to get a consolidation of the criminal offenses through the RA and it was rejected because of the JAL trial, although it had nothing to do with JAL because the underlying charge (violating the oath of office itself) was not changed as an offense.

Good luck trying to get that done this time. I'm also not sure we need to be including the rules adopted by the Court under its rulemaking powers as part of the statute law; the whole idea behind rulemaking for the court and the RA (and the SC) is to allow each body to adopt rules for its internal function and not require every change to go through a full lawmaking process.
I'm not sure what parts of yout draft legal code revision is going forward since the structure of the government isn't likely to be the same as what you posted back in December. It makes it hard to comment.

Back