Pronouns
he/him/his
TNP Nation
Zemnaya Svoboda
Discord
Eluvatar#8517
Who should elect them?

Should they be political or apolitical?

Should they be influential or relative newb?

ETC.

In the event of a coup and the delegate is kicked out of the region like NK was and the Vice Delegate took over, I think people would be more satisfied if their Vice Delegate was an elected official.

I just thought it might be a good idea. I have no attachment to it :P

(Drafts Edited to keep Vice Del elected by the people)

As we've discussed recently in other contexts, I generally favor the election of a Vice Delegate, but I think there needs to be a clear mechanism for some one to act for the Vice Delegate, a chair pro tem of the Security Council, when the Vice Delegate is absent, or there is a vacancy.

That's entirely reasonable and I think it's within the scope of the Security Council's self-governing powers to have an interim chair.

Eluvatar:
That's entirely reasonable and I think it's within the scope of the Security Council's self-governing powers to have an interim chair.
In the event of the Vice Delegate being MIA, it would be logical to assume that the next available person in the order of succession take that place in either an interim fashion or to act as the Vice Delegate until the The Vice Delegate returns or is replaced by a special election.

Eluvatar:
I'm annoyed that you've replied to a topic that has been dead and resolved for months and months.
Same here, you made you're comment yesterday at 3:13 pm to "a topic that's been dead and resolved for months" Kind of hypocritical behavior to attack me for it.

Oh blast it. Looks like the thread bumping itself for new poll votes made me think you made your post that you actually made in May recently, looking at the thread in the list of threads. Sorry about the confusion.

For the record, the line of succession can be distinct from whoever might be acting chair within the Security Council when the Vice Delegate is absent or there is a vacancy, or is acting as Delegate.

But I agree with Elu, we've settled this quite a while ago.

Back