Holding 2 Offices in Government

Vilnoia1

TNPer
I would like to bring to the table the idea of Government Official's holding two offices.

Some discussion on this issue would be nice.

Ideas, thoughts, and opinions?

The recent issue with this has involved members holding positions in the cabinet while holding positions such as Justice of the Court.

This is an awkward setup, because most cabinet positions are appointed and are sometimes ignored by election commissioners.

We could write something that prevents governmental officers from holding two elected positions or two appointed positions, or simply not allow people to hold two positions at all and thus require the delegate to refrain from appointing cabinet officers who already hold positions (I also think it is up to the people nominated for cabinet positions to decide whether or not they want them, so if they are planning to go for an elected position they could refuse the nomination).

Those are a couple of our options.

To offer my 2 cents.

I do not think that one person should hold two positions in the government including elected or appointed.

I would like to hear other people's opinions as well, before we draft something.

I support one government position (elected or appointed) per player. I would only make an exception for someone taking on an interim position following a resignation or disappearance.

I would not consider Election Commissioners a government official. They do not really hold an office. They are just appointed to do a job.

I think that anyone who is appointed a Justice should resign from any other position to maintain impartiality and reduce conflicts of interest.

Back