I don't believe in abortion

ABORTION IS REEL AN I AM PRO-DEATH I THINK ALL FETISIZ SHUD BE ABORTID BECUZ ALL HUMIN BEANS R IN VIOLASHIN OF GODS LAWZ SIMPLEY BECAUZ OF THE FAIL OF MAN

:) AMOM You crack me up...

My concise, real answer (as a man):

Abortion doesn't ever not exist.
It can be illegal or not; your choice.
More die when it is...
Why: No ability to enforce it. Complications are worse.
Result: Women would have to agree to any edict anyway.

I have seen no evidence that making abortion illegal eradicates the activity.
Instead, it actually leads to unintended consequences....

But it increases the death rate for another class of citizenry.

Shall we only look at one class of citizen effected by the edict? As if in a Vacuum?
Do you condemn the living with complications?

Or

Shall we all agree that many constituents really play into this discussion? And create exceptions accordingly?

Then, once an exception is granted, the whole premise of "Thou Shalt Not" has been broken...leading to legalization anyway right?

Kind of like a dog chasing his tail, you just go around in circles...when determining this law from a 'whether it's right' stand.
Whether it should be done in 'controlled setting' is the only question government may address IMHO!

I don't see the problem with carving out exceptions. Clearly a mother having an abortion to save her life differs from a mother who has an abortion only because she doesn't want kids.

:) and there we have the death knell of any edict, law, or decree.
For a law must have no exceptions...or it is not a just law....

You can legislate safety, but not morality....lest you become worse that what you pose to protect...

There are plenty of laws that carve out exceptions. Many US states prohibit marijuana use except in medical situations; serving alcohol to minors is illegal except in certain religious circumstances (as in when Catholic kids take communion); etc. And for those of us who believe that life begins at conception abortion is not merely an issue of morality, at least not any more than any regular homicide law.

Yup, and as each of those exceptions becomes wide enough to drive a truck through, the original intent of the law is destroyed...

Prior to 1900, 40 federal laws...real easy to tell if you did something wrong.

Introduction of responsibility, Destruction of mens rea, Etc.

Now we have well over 10,000 federal laws. You can't possibly know them all....

The definition of LAW is no longer such.
You are talking about a Guideline...

Back