-
Pronouns
he/him/his
TNP Nation
Zemnaya Svoboda
Discord
Eluvatar#8517
Commend Glen-Rhodes

A resolution to recognize outstanding contribution by a nation or region.

Category: Commendation

Nominee: Glen-Rhodes

Proposed by: Connopolis

Description: The Security Council,

RECOGNIZING the World Assembly ambassador of Glen-Rhodes, Dr. Bradford Castro, as one of the most prolific resolution authors of all time,

FURTHER RECOGNIZING the nation's delegation as a massive influence within the General Assembly which has currently drafted and passed an extraordinary collection of resolutions such as:

* GAR#52 Food Welfare Act, which prompts the distribution of food to countries plagued by famine while also creating an international seed bank to prevent individual crops from going extinct,
* GAR#61 WA Copyright Charter, which creates an international standard for copyrights and protects copyright holders from possible discrimination by individual member-states,
* GAR#70 International Competition Laws, which promotes international free trade while preventing impairments to international trade (such as cartels, exclusive trade, and other anti-competitive policies),
* GAR#94 Microcredits and Microgrants, which creates the World Microcredit Foundation as well as a subset - the Microgrant Institute - to distribute microloans and microgrants to impoverished individuals,
* GAR#112 Convention on Execution, which affects the practice of execution within member states while protecting certain individuals from capital punishment (pregnant individuals, mentally instable individuals, and children). This was an important compromise which resolved a tense resurgence of the capital punishment issue in the General Assembly,
* GAR#130 Elections and Assistance Act, which promotes fair election in democratic nations and creates the Organization for Electoral Assistance, the purpose of which is to to assist transitioning democracies with elections,

APPLAUDING the government of Glen-Rhodes for its creation of an automatically updated archive of how any member-nation that uses the service has voted in the General Assembly and the Security Council. This "Vote Tracker" has been immensely useful for any member-nation that wishes to maintain a record of its voting history.

FURTHER APPLAUDING Glen-Rhodes' relentless advocacy for democratic reform in the World Assembly voting system, although not necessarily agreeing with Glen-Rhodes on this issue. The nominee's steadfast advocacy and commitment is incontrovertibly admirable. To reveal what the nominee believed is an undemocratic system, Glen-Rhodes created "RealVotes," which reveals the votes of individual WA nations, the votes of individual WA delegates, and the influence that standard WA members have during individual votes broken down into a percentage,

IMPRESSED by the tenacity expressed by Dr. Castro while debating in the chambers of the General Assembly and by his persistence and application of logic and reasoning,

CONVINCED that any nation that instills such positive change in the world deserves recognition by the medium through which it conducted such change,

HEREBY Commends Glen-Rhodes.

Co-Authored by Unibot II

Approvals: 78 (Ovisterra, Limitless Events, Wyvern-Haron, -Tim-Opolis, East Klent, Seazyr, Dangertk, Kenbridge, South Pacific Belschaft, Metania, Xiantai, New Zild, Ventei, Wagafraga, Zagerzot, Frenequesta, Carlosianor, Aequabila, Esoteric Thought, Warzone Codger, Democatia, Augustus Este, Todd McCloud, Thurask, Royal British States, Three Weasels, Romeniana, Going Postal, The Republic of Lanos, Yuktova, Diplocaulus, The IOP, Kingsley Bedford, Imperaturi, Floreria, Junkyland, Fortana, Nothim, The Derrak Quadrant, Light Water, Norcook, Great Majorca, Tibbald, Neochaosbull, Callistian Isles, -Newfoundland-, Wilkshire, Grosseschnauzer, Libaries, Aramin Kezia, Drahme, Umbra Ac Silentium, Terra serena, Marsterdon, Cape Harbor, Wooookiees, General Hammond, Osthia WA Nation, Metanih, Rowlinson, Samuraikoku, Ebanks-Blake, Kauvara, Green Ball, The Anean Tribes, Kerdilia, Mox Sapphire, Algrend, Articya, Lordieth, The Yu Dynasty, Asterdan, Trektopolis, Birkinghamia, Novi Cetinje, Doctor Insano, LAZOR EATER, The Voltarum)

8059237-the-child-does-not-want-to-eat-milk-porridge.jpg

still nuh.
Feeling stubborn. :P

I've accepted a request to approve this proposal, but when this comes to a vote, the region's vote will be determined by the customary canvass of the WA members of the region who communicate with me in this thread, or by PM or by TG at Nationstates, as is the usual practice.

I vote Aye.

When I was Delegate, I at times voted early and then changed my vote if/when the region's stance changed. That way I think the North Pacific has a greater effect on the WA.

What is the honorable Delegate's opinion of such shenanigans?

Some of you forget that during the NSUN era I was very active in the NSUN (authored a significant ground-breaking resolution in my first month in the NSUN, and co-wrote or co-sponsored several others in the game) and one of my puppets served as an elected delegate of a founded region active in the NSUN for four terms (totaling a year, plus terms there as Vice Delegate.) I got involved here at the same time, but once I became an admin here I more or less devoted all of my game time here (WA was back here by there.)

So I'm quite familiar with this aspect of being a Delegate. Because of that experience, I dislike poorly written proposals and won't support them. As to casting the region's vote. I don't like casting a early vote unless the WA votes here in TNP are clearly going the way that vote is cast (such as a proposal that comes to a vote from a TNP resident.) So you can expect that I'll be collecting votes until some point during the last day of voting. I tend to check NS briefly several times a day, and I plan to post a tally of the positions of the TNP WA members posted here in the forums, or sent to me by PM and TG. Names will be included so everyone can verify the tally information.

I've noticed over the years Delegates here haven't always been that open about the process, but I don't see any reason not to. It would help if votes posted here include your TNP WA nation (or include the link in your user profile section. (In fact Elu, maybe we should add that as an additional item for the profile since many people have a different WA nation from their TNP nation, and maybe we can eventually use those items for RA membership verifications.)

Anyhow, since this proposal has reached quorum, we'll start collecting the votes and everyone will have until about the last 24 hours of voting to get their positions in to me.

So for this Security Council vote, the votes are:

FOR
Eluvatar
Gulliver
Felasia
unibot
Dalimbar

AGAINST
A mean old man
Blasphemy Doom

OTHER (NO PREFERENCE, ABSTAIN, ETC>)

Inasmuch as the vote on this resolution closes in just over 24 hours, and the large plurality of those expressing an opinion being in favor, I have cast the region's vote FOR.

I'll continue to monitor for other input.

Voting on this resolution has ended.

Thanks to those nations who cast their votes. Your participation is a great help to the region.

This topic has been locked and sent to the Archives for safekeeping. If you would like this topic to be re-opened for further discussion, please contact the WA Delegate, a Global Moderator, or an Administrator for assistance. Thank you.

Back