Grosseschnauzer for Delegate

*Slow claps*

Brilliant, you just summed up the sad fate of every single once thriving department in TNP.

...but do you actually plan to do anything about it?

Blue Wolf II:
*Slow claps*

Brilliant, you just summed up the sad fate of every single once thriving department in TNP.

...but do you actually plan to do anything about it?
The home region defense aspect of that seems to be the purview of the regional security council, and that body has some members, and there are ways under that system to bring other long-timers with sufficient influence and endorsements into the mix.

One thing is clear a "rogue" delegate who comes in from the outside would have a great deal of difficulty in having enough influence to resist the long-timers. It's been a while since we've had a Delegate who wasn't a minnow at the time of their election or during their terms. And TNP clearly has more higher-influence in residence players than any other single region, according to the last World Census rankings that I saw.

As Delegate I would be entering office with at least Truckler influence and 190 or so endorsements (as of this moment), so that would be a change as far as defense is concerned.

If the incident with Durka II proved anything its that an outside newcomer with low influence can still do quite a bit of damage. Don't you think a Home Guard would have helped in that situation? We certainly can't rely on the outside help of groups like the FRA or TITO, who have and will continue to ignore us in times of trouble.

I haven't even heard of them, so I won't make any comment about the "MPA" one way or another. I'll certainly listen to what others have to say about it though.

Blue Wolf II:
We certainly can't rely on the outside help of groups like the FRA or TITO, who have and will continue to ignore us in times of trouble.
You are correct in saying the FRA (who currently have a "we'll intervene if we want to" policy that replaced the previous "Rogue Delegacy bill" passed under my term + TRR clique pulling the strings on the sleepy RA) and TITO (who usually just abstain from feeder politics), cannot be trusted to support the North Pacific in the event of a coup or attempted purge; and let's be honest, if it doesn't happen under Gross's term, it'll happen shortly thereafter.

If you're content on not trying to raise a dead project from the grave, Grosse. My organization, the United Defenders League (UDL) would be interested in developing a security programme tailored to the North Pacific's needs. We'd offer daily endorsement monitoring and reports on possible threats (submitted to the Security Council's private halls and emergency telegrams to the delegate), development of security infrastructure (people who will report having received tarting telegrams) and most importantly, assured provisions of troops for defence and liberation. Having conducted successful liberations against all the current major raiding groups of NationStates (e.g., LWU, TBH,TBR) and knowledgeable staff that understands the science of update arguably better than any other group in NationStates, I believe we're fully equipped to service the North Pacific. I'm flexible in what the North Pacific could offer in return, could be WFE advertising, permission to recruit new members via forum PM, etc.

Would you be interested in a plan like this for the North Pacific, Grosse? You obviously don't need to sign a contract here or anything, but I'm simply trying to elaborate on an alternative option you could discuss.

unibot:
Blue Wolf II:
We certainly can't rely on the outside help of groups like the FRA or TITO, who have and will continue to ignore us in times of trouble.
You are correct in saying the FRA (who currently have a "we'll intervene if we want to" policy that replaced the previous "Rogue Delegacy bill" passed under my term + TRR clique pulling the strings on the sleepy RA) and TITO (who usually just abstain from feeder politics), cannot be trusted to support the North Pacific in the event of a coup or attempted purge; and let's be honest, if it doesn't happen under Gross's term, it'll happen shortly thereafter.

If you're content on not trying to raise a dead project from the grave, Grosse. My organization, the United Defenders League (UDL) would be interested in developing a security programme tailored to the North Pacific's needs. We'd offer daily endorsement monitoring and reports on possible threats (submitted to the Security Council's private halls and emergency telegrams to the delegate), development of security infrastructure (people who will report having received tarting telegrams) and most importantly, assured provisions of troops for defence and liberation. Having conducted successful liberations against all the current major raiding groups of NationStates (e.g., LWU, TBH,TBR) and knowledgeable staff that understands the science of update arguably better than any other group in NationStates, I believe we're fully equipped to service the North Pacific. I'm flexible in what the North Pacific could offer in return, could be WFE advertising, permission to recruit new members via forum PM, etc.

Would you be interested in a plan like this for the North Pacific, Grosse? You obviously don't need to sign a contract here or anything, but I'm simply trying to elaborate on an alternative option you could discuss.
BW, you will note I'm not acting like I'm unopposed, either. Eggs are not chickens until their hatch, and I don't count the chickens until then either. :)

Unibot, TNP has in place the elements to discuss such an idea within the RA and our SC, should I be elected. There have been times in the past where such information as you describe were available within the RA and its former committee that was also called the security council; and that is the sort of thing that is needed to bring about a working region.

And even if I'm not elected, as a member of the SC and the RA, I would entertain a serious and meaningful discussion of steps that can be taken to build up the security elements that are already in place.

One thing that seems to make TNP unique is the sheer number of high-influence and trusted long-time residents we have (an observation bases on the World Census rankings on influence). "Rogue" delegates in TNP have discovered that they simply can't do much with those players in terms of ejections or banning.

I didn't approve of mass ejections simply because they have had the opposite effect some thought it would bring about. That sort of chaos reduces activity, reduces stability in the long run, and thus injures the atmosphere of inclusion and openness many of us want to have in TNP. I know I'm speaking in a general way, but I approach security issues without any pre-conception as to one way or another way to move forward.

I'll just point out that this is simply my leadership style. I believe my two terms as Prime Minister of TNP under the last constitution were successful because my terms were spent resolving long-standing issues and problems that simply had not been addressed; and my two terms started in the immediate aftermath of a plot that sought to subvert TNP to the whelms of an outside region. I'm open to ideas, but I don't tend to let things wait any longer than necessary to resolve policies and then move forward to the next issue at hand. TNP is not a simple place to govern. It never has been a simple place to govern. And I would be surprised if anyone seriously think that it is simple.

Back