A Request to the Court

Abstain

TNPer
This is actually two requests but they are connected so I'll post them both in here.

Elections are just around the corner and things are not in order. The RA Roster was last updated on the 21st of August by the Speaker. However several nations listed on the roster have met criteria for removal and remain on this list.

The following members have not posted on the forum for more than 15 days. Under Article III Section 2.2 of Law 28 the Speaker is required to remove them from the RA. All names will be followed by a link to a search of their posts showing they have not posted for over 15 days.

• IndieGirl - no posts during August link
  • Romanoffia - latest post was August 6th link
  • Maglonian Tribes - no posts in August link
  • Port Wish - no posts in August link
  • Earl Frey - latest post was August 8th link
In addition to these nations Unibot missed 2 consecutive votes and went over 2 weeks without a nation in TNP yet not only was allowed to remain in the RA had his vote counted in the latest one.

The votes in question are:

The nation in question is Unibot III which was listed as part of Unibot's RA application as his nation in TNP. As one can see from the nation's page 38 days ago it CTE. It was not until 21 days ago, a full 17 days without existing, that it was refounded and moved to TNP.

I ask that the court require the Speaker to strike these names from the RA Roster and failing that require it to be done so by the Speaker Pro Tempore as outlined in the Regional Assembly Procedures; as of 7 February 2011 where the order of seniority can be found in the above linked roster.

For reference I cite:
1. "Absent or unavailable for more than 24 hours" means that the Speaker has not logged onto the forums, or posted in a Regional Assembly thread within the preceding 24 hours; or that some anticipated act by the Speaker within the Regional Assembly is due to be taken, and has not been taken.
which would empower the Speaker Pro Tempore to act in this case.

I also ask the court to ensure these actions are carried out, if not by Pasargad, the currently named Speaker Pro Tempore who while being on the forums recently has not made any posts for 10 days, then by the next in line who still qualifies to hold the position, and so on until the action is taken care of.

I ask this because the election cycle is to begin at the start of September and the list of those eligible to vote and run for office needs updated to ensure a fair and stable election.

The next issue is not so much a request as a notification in regards to the matter of an Election Commissioner. We are currently 7 days away from the election and one has yet to be named. As per Section 2.1 of Law 26:
2. The Delegate must select one or more Election Commissioners to oversee the nomination and election processes, at least one week before the month in which the Election Cycle begins. If an appointment of Election Commissioners has not been made by that time, the Chief Justice shall promptly make the appointment within 48 hours.

As such the delegate would have until the 11:59PM of August 24th in whatever time zone they choose to decide upon an election commissioner. Should this not be done the Chief Justice would have 48 hours from that point to decide one. I suggest to the court that they begin lining up candidates to take the job in case this is not resolved by the delegate.

An initial question, was this brought up to the Speaker to see if he would correct any possible errors before bringing it here?

I did not bring this to the attention of Speaker, however Delegate Blackshear posted 48 hours ago in the Roster thread that the list needed to be updated. No action nor notice of intent to take action has been made by the Speaker despite having been online and posting on the forum during that time.

Okay thanks for the response. I'm sure someone else did it too, but I PMed Fel just in case.

Other than that, thanks for the response and I'll wait for the Chief to stop by.

Assemblyman Limi, could you also please describe your activity levels in the RA? When did you last vote, etc. Today is the first time I've seen you post in months, to be fair.

And I've actually spoken with Delegate Blackshear, and he has found his choice for an Election Commissioner, but I am sure he will announce it soon.

I'm not actually a member of the RA right now. I applied originally on May 21st, 2010 and was accepted by Dyr Nasad, who was Speaker at the time. I goofed and didn't post for 30 days. At the time Grimalkin was Speaker and not taking any action as Speaker but I retook the oath and was re-accepted into the RA by default after 14 days with no response to my application. Then this March I reapplied once more after losing membership in November while I was working during the holiday season.

This time however I was denied on the grounds of still being banned even though I had been granted RA membership previously and still held RA masking at the time. I was then given the Citizen group masking as a sort of compromise but I'm still unable to apply for the RA.

As for Blackshear having selected and EC that is good to hear, I just wanted to make the court aware that they may suddenly be put on the spot to quickly find someone to fill an important position.

Banned from what, the region? Who had banned you and why?

If you are not banned and you have a TNP nation in the region, you legally can re-apply so long as you meet the requirements.

Banned from the forum with the account Limitless Events by flem for events that happened years ago. Events which claim I violated the ToS for this forum even though alleged actions never took place on this forum and was initially placed as a full IP ban immediately contrary to the board rules. But that's beside the point and getting off track from the topic at hand

Firstly, my apologies for not being here sooner. It's been one tiring RL week with exam tomorrow and graduation project preparation on past Monday and Tuesday.

The first issue on inactive members is being looked at and I will make appropriate adjustment to the RA member roster after I'm done with both the review of new member application and the old one which should be finished in time for election.

On Unibot membership, after going back through his record, I admit that I have made a terrible mistake on this and would like to apologize to the RA. However, at the same time I must admit to difficulty in handling the situation right now as he is active during the past week. With that in mind, I would like to quote another respected nation who have recently criticize my action as Speaker and have given me many thought on this:

"the difference between a good speaker and a jobsworth is that a good speaker knows the constitution and legal code, but ALSO knows when to apply common sense."

I believe that it would be ridiculous to strike the nation from the list now that the nation had return and had contribute to the democratic process of the region, but if it is the court opinion then I would accept it.

As the current Admin with Root authority, I will state the following:

The person holding the account "Limitless Events" was permanently banned from the TNP forums following a series of violations which included:

(1) retrieving private personal information about all of the users then registered at these forums and disclosing that information to users of an unrelated forum during a time when a certain office was permitted to see IP addresses of forum users; the information included e-mail addresses and such information under the TOS of the forums of the time was information subject to privacy protections and at no time did he have authority to disclose that information. Edited screenshots of that information was preserved and is still available for private access for legitimate reasons.

(2) During the initial ban, the person then created other accounts to circumvent the original forum ban. Under the posted policies of the forums, the moderation team (including all admin, global mods, and regular mods at the time voted to make the ban permanent and apply to any and all accounts past or future related to the person.

(3) The Limi account was created and used by this person in further violation of the ban. The fact that the ownership of the account was not more immediately noticed may have been due to either the failure of some admin or government officials to realize the relationship of the Limi account to the same individual that was under a forum ban originally used the Limitless Events account.

(4) When I became aware of this problem last summer, I communicated to the person that is related to the Limi account that if he wished to seek review of the permanent ban on the basis of matters other than issues concerning the original basis, and demonstrate that he/she was able to show the capacity to fully comply with the current TOS and TOU of Zetaboards, then the matter would be submitted to the current moderation team for review and decision. As of today, no such request has been received, and no statement of supporting information has been submitted.

(5) This matter is exclusively a matter for forum administration in accordance with the court's posted opinion on the issue of defining residency and the authority of forum administration.

(6) The Limi account is currently in the TNP citizens mask as a courtesy in the belief that a request and supporting documentation was going to be forthcoming some months ago. Technically the Limi account should currently be in a banned group category as that is the correct current status, and which would extremely restrict access to these forums.

If Limi wishes to seek a modification of the permanent ban, he should following the procedures that were described to him in a P.M. some months back when this issue arose. He has chosen not to, so far, but the position of forum administration has to be that unless he follows that procedure, his status as being permanently banned from these forums will remain unchanged.

Now, as a member of the R.A., and as Vice Delegate, I object to Limi's petition before the court on the grounds that he is not a member of the R.A., and therefore he does not have standing to raise the issues.

As to the votes mentioned, I would point out that inclusion or exclusion of the one vote would not change the result of the vote on either law, and that as a result, it is unclear to me what benefit to anyone would be obtained by the petition, assuming its movant had standing.

Finally, Speakers have been and are aware that they need to communicate with admin concerning remaskings related to the R.A. I have not received any requests from the Speaker for remask R.A. members; I would need to know the grounds of removal in that removal due to inactivity place accounts in the citizen mask, and removal due to a nation CTE are to the member group. I have received requests from the Speaker related to certain standard security checks for new R.A. applicants and remasking those who do not show any issues.

As to the forthcoming electiions, the Delegate has selected an Election Commissioner who is being masked for that role momentarily.

Gross, what was this office, that was referred to, and what other accounts were banned, or had access to the list of IPs?

Under the last Constitution, the Interior Minister was responsible for processing applications to be registered as voters. That person was given a permission to view IP addresses. The retrieved information that was passed on included IPs and e-mail addresses and could have been used to back track to people in real life, which is where the TOS violation comes in. The access of the Interior Minister to IP information was rescinded at that time, and since then only admin have had access to IP addresses or email addys for user accounts.

(Limited Events was the elected Interiot Minister, and was planning to run for Delegate in upcoming elections when the plot was discovered, or the information was provided to Hersfold and Flemingovia.)

At the time the breach of security and privacy occurred, Flemingovia was Prime Minister, and Hersfold was the root Admin and head of the TNP intelligence. I took office as the newly elected Prime Minister soon afterwards, and I was briefed at that time.

As to what other accounts that are or were associated, I would have to do research to see if I have that information available. When Hersfold retired from NS, he deleted all PMs in his account, and any information there was not preserved. There are threads related to these events, but those are only available to those with moderator powers, but I did find them when I checked in May.

Blue Wolf II:
Complete bollocks. Limitless is not a security threat and the incident occurred years ago in the middle of a war.
There will be order in the court!

Unless you are a party to this case, please do not post in here. Thank you.

Limi, please tell the court what you are seeking, in summary.

Govindia:
As the Speaker has addressed the nations listed in my opening post that is no longer an issue, I just ask that the court make sure that the RA membership is properly kept up to date until the election period is over as several members are on the verge of going 15 days without posting.

As for my other concern, it has been noted that Blackshear has named an Election Commissioner so that is completely resolved

As far as I know, the visibility of IPs to Limitless Events as MoIA on this forum was not involved in the scandal actually.

Of course, I was not in the Lexicon High Council when it all apparently went down.

Limi:
Govindia:
As the Speaker has addressed the nations listed in my opening post that is no longer an issue, I just ask that the court make sure that the RA membership is properly kept up to date until the election period is over as several members are on the verge of going 15 days without posting.

As for my other concern, it has been noted that Blackshear has named an Election Commissioner so that is completely resolved
I am sure the Speaker is checking to make sure the RA Membership is kept up to date and working with the Admin team to properly ensure a valid list of voters.

Mr. Speaker, can I confirm this?

Is there anything else that Limi would like to address to the court?

I would like to point out that there are four nations listed on the RA roster who, according to posts that I have permission to view, have not posted for period of 15+ days, 3 of whom have since posted.

The nations in question are:

Eluvatar: posted on the 13th of August, next post occurs on the 30th
Pasargad: posted on the 14th of August, next post occurs on the 4th of September
Vilnoia1: posted on the 15th of August, next post occurs on the 4th of September
Utonaga: posted on the 18th of August, no posts after that

I recognize that there are areas of the forum not visible to me and because of this some of these accounts may have made posts within the stated time frames. As such, under Law 29 of TNP Legal Code, I will file a Freedom of Information request with the office of the Delegate seeking to know if any of these nations in question have posted in areas I cannot see.

I have responded to your request in the WA Delegate Office.

Although, I'm quite curious whether why this was not brought to me in private first before such public request is taken. I would have been happy to address any concern you have.

Felasia:
I have response to your request in the WA Delegate Office.

Although, I'm quite curious whether why this was not brought to me in private first before such public request is taken. I would have been happy to address any concern you have.
responded*

Limi:
I would like to point out that there are four nations listed on the RA roster who, according to posts that I have permission to view, have not posted for period of 15+ days, 3 of whom have since posted.

The nations in question are:

Eluvatar: posted on the 13th of August, next post occurs on the 30th
Pasargad: posted on the 14th of August, next post occurs on the 4th of September
Vilnoia1: posted on the 15th of August, next post occurs on the 4th of September
Utonaga: posted on the 18th of August, no posts after that

I recognize that there are areas of the forum not visible to me and because of this some of these accounts may have made posts within the stated time frames. As such, under Law 29 of TNP Legal Code, I will file a Freedom of Information request with the office of the Delegate seeking to know if any of these nations in question have posted in areas I cannot see.
I have checked and Eluvatar did not post between the fourteenth and 31st by my view of dating of posts.

Eluvatar therefore is not currently a Regional Assembly member.

Back