Totally new here

Hey I'm totally new to Nation States, but i love political science and have been looking for a government simulator such as this one for a long long time. So I'm just posting this to introduce myself and was wondering if anyone could just give me the lowdown on how nation states works (i.e. World Assembly,etc,etc). Thanks

First of all, welcome to Nationstates

Well, if you are really into political science and government simulation then the Regional Assembly is the thing for you. In there, we debate law and policy, vote on legislation, and vote on election.

As for the World Assembly, joining allow you to participate in WA business which included the Security Council (Commend, Condemn, Liberate Region) and the General Assembly. (International Law)

I'm pretty new here too, which was/is pretty overwhelming, since the simulation has been running for what? Like 8 years? And there are some pretty hard-core established players.

There are lots of help documents around, but my general advice is to spend a little time building your nation up a bit, observing and reading to get the basic flow of how things work, and what kind of approach you want to take.

Every nation chooses a different balance between game-play (the simulator itself, with the national issues and world assembly votes) and role-play (which basically happens with in-character discussions in the on-site and off-site forums).

In my humble opinion, the game-play mechanics are pretty basic, with the richness of the community coming out in the role-play - which you can take as far as you want to. Some nations have amazingly detailed histories, maps and whatnot.

Welcome, and good luck!

Back