More of a Good Thing: Re-Elect Blackshear for a Full Term

I'd like to extend a warm hello to all my fellow TNPers and hope this Mother's Day finds you all well.

I come before you today to humbly ask for your continued support. We've accomplished much, completing or firmly setting in motion all the goals set at the beginning of my abbreviated term as Delegate (see goals here). With that said, there is still much to do.

With your help, here's what I'd like accomplish during the Summer term:
  • Continue to enhance regional security and encourage the participation of new players by exchanging endorsements with and extending an invitation to all of the region's WA members. I want to build on what I believe is an already successful policy.
  • Continue to bring the issues that face the region to its members for their input and advice. I will always try to make decisions that I believe are in the best interest of the region but I work for you and I think it's important to keep the lines of communication open.
  • Historically, we've been a friendly, open region and I'd like us to once again project that abroad. We've started the process of re-vamping our foreign policy, closing abandoned embassies, appointing ambassadors to our active ones and establishing a policy for evaluating new partnerships. However, I feel our current approach for establishing foreign relationships is not working as I had hoped. I will take the brunt of the blame for that. If the voters give me the opportunity, I want to create a friendlier, more inclusive foreign policy that will broaden the game experience for our region members. Our way isn't the only way and it is often interesting to see how others approach the various issues facing NationStates players in general.
  • Find a new regional map maker. This is always one of the first places new players gravitate on our forum. When we tell them "Uh, sorry, there isn't really a map" we leave a poor first impression and don't take advantage of an opportunity to expand our active ranks. For most people, if we don't hook them on their first visit, we'll never see them again. We can't afford to do this.
  • Strive to be a better Delegate. The past seven weeks have been a learning process for me. Some of the things I've tried have worked, some have not. I'm continuing to learn on the job and adapt to the challenges of the position. With your continued support, I hope to use the experience I've gained and better serve the great members of our region.

I'd like to take this time to thank everyone running for the various positions available in the upcoming General Election. You do your region a great service and I wish you all the best. I hope to see great turnout during the voting period.

Thank you for your time.

Back