Keep GS as Vice Delegate!

I am pleased to announce that I am standing for election for a full term as Vice Delegate.

During my brief tenure since the special election, I have worked on raising my endorsement level to be the second highest within the region, as required by our constitution, and I am pleased to report that as confirmed by the world census authorities last week, I have in fact the second highest number of endorsements within the region, and as an added bonus, I rank among the Top 25 in the world.

On the issue of giving and receiving endorsements: Until now, I have managed to obtain all of my endorsements without using telegrams. I freely have endorsed every member of the WA within TNP as soon as I become aware of them. The only times I have withdrawn an endorsement has been when a Delegate has gone rogue, or when an elected Delegate has been wrongfully displaced. I hope to be able to continue those practices, especially the one of not using telegrams, but should I need to do so in order to meet my constitutional obligation to maintain the second highest number of endorsements within the region as Vice Delegate, then I will not hesitate to do so,

As Vice Delegate, I am also the chair of the Security Council, to which I was elected as a member prior to becoming Vice Delegate. I have been making plans to identify those trusted members of TNP, who have sufficient influence and endorsements to qualify for membership in the Council. It is my intention to seek out those trusted nations and ask them to apply for membership on the Council. In addition, if those long-time and trusted nations prefer membership on the Council without joining the Regional Assembly, I intend to sponsor motions to allow that requirement to be waived. It has always been intended that members of the Security Council would not be forced to join the RA if they truly did not wish to do so. It has always been intended to honor their status as longtime and trusted residents of The North Pacific to show them that badge of respect if they asked. One of my goals is to make sure that the Council is able to function as it has always been intended by its original sponsors, and this would be the last element that is required to reach that goal.

As Vice Delegate, I am expected to be prepared to serve as Delegate in called upon during my term of office. While I have never served as Delegate in TNP, I have been active in Nationstates for a long time, and I am in the process of resuming a more active role in the World Assembly. I will be prepared should the need arise to exercise the functions of Delegate in strict accordance with the Constitution and the Bill of Rights. I have supported and will continue to support the policies of our Delegate, even as I might offer different views and opinions on those policies as part of our deliberative and democratic processes that we cherish in TNP.

So I think that just about covers anything that can be said about the office of Vice Delegate and how I see my role during these next four months. And I happily seek your votes as members of the Regional Assembly in support of my election to a full term as your Vice Delegate.

Back